Jaw Twitching

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

This is not "chattering" or a happy response, I know what that is, this is different and seems involuntary.

Sahra, 13.5, started something similar to a chatter but it wasn't your typical chatter in reponse to a walk, treat, or other goodie. You can hear her teeth snap together and it's been happening intermittently since yesterday morning. Right now, it just happened as she was lying on her bed taking a snooze. She appears to be happy, no other symptoms and she is eating, peeing, and pooping like normal. We checked her mouth to see if there was something stuck on the roof or in between a tooth but we couldn't see anything abnormal.

Has anyone seen anything like this? or know if I should be looking for something else that would help identify what this could be.

We will, of course, be talking to the vet but just thought I'd ask here in case someone has seen something similar.

Guest greytbookert

No one?

Maybe I need to describe what is happening a little better. It's almost like she's licking her lips but her jaw clanks together, almost like tic or twitch or something. Some of the episodes have lasted longer than the others and some are pretty subtle. Of course, it didn't happen when we were at the vet so he has no idea what is going on.

Guest greytbookert
Does your cell phone have a video camera? If you catch it on film, you could show the vet.

Jenn

I don't have a cell phone :) I know I'm one of the few hold outs LOL I'm going to borrow a friend's to see if I can get it on film. Hopefully, I can catch it but it is so sporadic. It is one of the strangest things I've seen. I'm also trying to document the times it happens to see if it correlates with other things like eating or something.