New Limp

Guest heidisue72

Guest heidisue72

:dunno Bella my 4 paw princess has a new limp that evolved 2 days ago. She is lifting her front right paw. She will use it if necessary but other than that she picks it up. Since this has been an acute onset i am wondering if she has a pulled/strained muscle. I checked her pads and toes as well as all the way up her leg. Nothing appears to be out of place or injured. I clipped her nails thinking maybe that was the problem but no that was no help. I massaged her leg and i think it helped. I noticed this morning while we were snuggling that he problem area appears to be up in her shoulder/clavical area. she yelped and wimpered when i was massaging that paricular area.

I guess my question is can i give her something OTC to help with inflammation/pain? If so what dosage? Thanks for reading and any suggestions would be great.

Guest SoulsMom

I'd go to the vet. Don't give any pain meds before you go though, as this could mask her symptoms. When Soul had sudden limping back in October the vet gave us a pain killer and anti inflammatory, and put him on bed rest. If this didn't work, he wanted to see him back in a few days for X rays to check for osteo.

Hoping it's just a pulled muscle like Soul had . . . .

Edited by SoulsMom