Peeing Problems

Guest Gingy

Guest Gingy

I've been watching King, Kingsmom's male grey, since last saturday while she's out of town. He's been acting normal until last night, when he went to pee outside on our walk and his urine just slowly dribbled out and he stood there for like 15 minutes peeing per stop due to decreased flow. He also didn't poop as much as he normally would last night. I decided to take him to the vet in the morning if this was still an issue.

So this morning I awoke to 3 pee spots on the carpet, on in the living room, one small one by his bed in our room, and another one in our room. He also did the dribbly thing again while on his walk, but his poo was normal. So off to the vet we went!

I took a urine sample in the vet parking lot and they checked that and said everything was normal. They also did an x ray to rule out stones or prostate issues, and the x ray was normal. I think he also manually felt the prostate as well. The only abnormality the vet said was that his bladder wall was a little enlarged, and he said that King might have an infection there and the bacteria are living in the bladder wall and not making their way into his urine. He was concerned because King's mom said this has happened before when they first got him. The vet gave us a round of antibiotics and said he thought it might be stress due to being in a new home, which lowered his immune system and caused a possible infection. Also on the xray his bladder was full already (after going in the parking lot) and his colon was full (pooed a few hours before)

Has anyone had this happen before to their grey? And is it something to get really concerned about since it's happened more than once? :unsure

Edit: last time he had this issue was about three months ago, and was put on antibiotics, 1200mg

Edited by Gingy

Guest Gingy

He is on 500mg of keflex now, i believe she said he was on 1200 mg of primor. He didn't have a culture done this time and I don't believe he had one done last time, just a UA