Poops Problem

Guest paulamariez

Guest paulamariez

Ever since Bueller got attacked by the Mastiff, his poops have changed. He was taking Simplicef antibiotic and Tramadol and I figured the change was from the medication and it would go back to normal after he was done with the meds. Bueller's poops have gotten better, but still not the same as they used to be. Now his poops are very light in color (sometimes tending toward orange in color) and mushy. Sometimes they're firmer at the beginning and looser at the end. He's been off the meds for I think, about two weeks. Bueller eats Chicken Sour Senior diet, boiled chicken, cottage cheese and Pedigree Marrow Bones for treats. I was thinking that maybe his intestinal flora may be off from the antibiotics? Should I give him a probiotic supplement? I tried going the yogurt route, but he won't touch it. If I give him probiotics, is it ok to give the same ones that people take? Just wondering and needing some advice. Thanks.

Guest charmsmom

A couple others on here mentioned that their dogs had some trouble when they opened up a new bag of Chicken Soup food. Could that be the problem?

Guest paulamariez

What was the problem the others had with the Chicken Soup? I've found my hounds are not wanting to eat it lately, which is weird because they used to love it. I did notice on the front of the package that it was improved. What went on with the others Chicken Soup food???? Thanks.