Remembering Corby

Guest CorbysMom

Guest CorbysMom

I wrote this on Corby's 2nd anniversary with me. Today, I celebrate the 9th Gotcha Day of my

heart boy. I will always and forever be....Corbysmom.

Wait for me at the bridge, Corbs. I love you. :wub::wub:

Date: Tue, 23 May 2001

Subject: Chat: Happy Gotcha Day, CORBY

One year ago on this very day, I was shouting out loud, jumping for joy, doing cartwheels - well, maybe just cartwheels in my mind, but you get the idea. I was celebrating Corby's first anniversary with us - an anniversary that I had never dreamed would be a reality.

A brief recap: we adopted Corby, just shy of his 12th birthday, after he was found abandoned in The Bronx. He had managed to survive on the streets for a while, until he walked up to a man who was horrified at his condition. He weighed all of 43lbs when he was found. The man took

him to a shelter in The Bronx. His eyes were swollen shut because of dental infections. His legs were shaking with severe arthritis, but my Corby had a lion's heart - his tail never stopped wagging

despite all that he had been through. Greyhound Rescue Society in NY was contacted about Corby, so they picked him up and tended to all of his needs. He was expected to live a few months at the

most, so we adopted him so that he would have a place to die. Instead, he

found a place to truly live and I found my heart boy.

This year, I can't shout out loud or jump for joy or do cartwheels in my mind. I just have to thank God for allowing me another year with this amazing boy. My brindly buddy will be 14 years old in five weeks and today is the second of two anniversaries that I never expected to

see. I look at his shockingly white face as he sleeps on his favorite couch and I

wonder how I could have ever been really happy without him. I look into his

mahogany eyes and I get lost in them every time. I wonder how I will ever be

happy again when he does need to leave.

Corby is here because of his amazing will to live. Closing in on 14years old, Corby doesn't just live life, he celebrates it. If all humans would take lessons from Corby, we would live in an

incredibly happy world.

People say that Corby found his angel when I adopted him, but the truth is that I found my angel on May 23, 1999. He holds my heart in his paw, and I can't think of a better place for my heart to be.

Happy anniversary, Corby! I love you more than words can possibly express.

Here's Corby's album (turn up your speakers):

Corby

Edited by CorbysMom

Guest argolola

I'm typing through tears after reading your loving tributes and seeing the pictures of your handsome angel. (Perfect music, by the way.)

You gave him the most wonderful life. God bless you.

Guest hamiesmom

What a beautiful tribute to a very special boy. I am typing this through tears at your tribute and, also, for the loss of my beautiful boy, just a week ago.

Oh Corby...you are so missed and loved. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Happy Got Cha day at the Bridge Corby. Your mommy sure misses you.

He was a very handsome boy, and the tribute is Beautiful. :bighug:bighug

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound