Runny Eyes?

Guest HeatherDemps

Guest HeatherDemps

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed that Dempsey's right eye seems to "leaK' sometimes. There will be a wet mark on his face, almost like he's been crying and the tears ran down his face a little. Has anyone else noticed this with their dogs? I'm wondering if it could be allergies as my cat, myself, and DH are all really struggling with allergies right now. I just want to make sure that it doesn't possibly indicate a problem (of course, we were in to the vet a couple of weeks ago for annuals!).

Thanks,

Heather

Heya Heather.

Wabi's eye runs like that most of the time because of her deformed sinuses. They get stuffy, and it makes her eye leak. I'm guessing you're right, and Dempsey has something going on in his sinuses. Might not be allergies, though. Could conceivably be dental, so you might want to check it out. If it goes on for more than a few days, you might want to dab some bag balm or vaseline under the eye, to keep the tears from burning, and causing another problem. (I do this every day for Wabi.)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest HeatherDemps

Thanks for the suggestion! Hopefully there is nothing dentally going on- he is 12 now and had a dental a year ago. After his amp in January, I hate to put him under again. I'll definitely have it checked out if it keeps up- at least it isn't a regular thing (yet!).