Dan's Home

Guest poopsie1

Guest poopsie1

Dan had his x-rays done yesterday with the dye and air in his bladder. His bladder is completely clear but the vet did find that his neuter incision is still leaking serum and he believes this has caused an infection which is now in his prepuce. He is on 375 mg of Clavamox twice daily for the next two weeks and the vet will see him at that time. In true greyhound fashion he did react to the sedation after the procedure and overheated. They were, however, waiting for it to happen and immediately gave him a cold water bath. His temp came down right away and it hasn't spiked since. I gave him a little bit of wet food last night and, since he was still a little fuzzy between the ears, he rested most of the night. This morning he was back to his usual self and throwing his stuffies all over the house. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and concern. DH and I are so relieved.

Guest poopsie1
Good! :) Will the leaking stop on it's own?

He said it would and I can kind of relate since I had emergency surgery in February and I've been dealing with fluid ever since. I've already had one round of antibiotics and may need another. I washed all of the dogs bedding last night and then folded it inside out so the white part is showing. I figure this way I can monitor what's coming out to make sure the blood is abating. The vet actually said he felt kind of foolish - that maybe he should have given him antibiotics to begin with but I assured him I was pleased with what he did. It wasn't just a bandaid fix and now we know it's nothing serious.

Guest greytexplorer

HOORAY!!!!!!! :clap

I'm with you about bandaid fixes! You know exactly what you're dealing with!

Good idea about washing bedding and fixing it so that the white part is exposed! Good thinking! :nod

Guest poopsie1
HOORAY!!!!!!! :clap

I'm with you about bandaid fixes! You know exactly what you're dealing with!

Good idea about washing bedding and fixing it so that the white part is exposed! Good thinking! :nod

Every now and then I have a lucid moment. :lol