Deramaxx

I gave 75 mgs to Beau last night about 10ish. is it OK to give it again this morning about 9AM or should we wait until we get home from work at about 4 or give it even later?

It should be given 1x a day as needed.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest HersheysMom

When Star was on it they told us only every 24 hours. She took 100mgs every 24 hours and weighed 75 lbs. You could probably give 25mg more but I'd ask the vet. Is he in pain this morning?

I figured it was best to wait, makes the most sense. It's once a day, evey 24 hours.

Apparently he either banged the leg he had the extensive orthopedic surgery on last memorial day or slept wrong, but last night he was tripoding. He had a waggy tail and was happy wanted to walk but we didn't.

With an injury as severe as his was, we expect a residual limp now and then.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest HersheysMom

I'm sorry to hear that! You are probably at work by now, but has he ever been prescribed another pain med compatible with Deramaxx? Something that's not an NSAID? Tramadol for example? Then you could give him that this morning...

yes, I have that too. But he does not seem to be in pain. I gave the deramaxx to him if there was inflamation.

I have the webcam on ( :P ) and he seems ok. We did do a walk this morning. He put weight on it and seemed otherwishe OK.

I think he either banged it or slept wrong, my silly Beau Beau!