Blood In Stool?

Guest lauri

Guest lauri

I'm sure there are a few on here that have seen obvious signs of blood in your Grey's stool. What significant thing did you notice?

Miles poops are a weird color. Almost a rich brown with a greenish tinge. To me, the brown looks like it may have red in it. The stools are not black and tarry. I did give a sample to the vet yesterday.

Miles is scaring me. He's acting, I guess what you'd call, listless. He seemed fine last night for a bit, but is weird again. Last night he almost jumped onto the bed but after his front paws were on, he went back down and slept on his bed on the floor next to us.

He ALWAYS is right between us unless it's too hot. He is on the bed now that he's by himself.

His gums look pale to me again. He seems a bit weak. He DID eat his rice and cottage cheese, but buried his cookie - his FAVORITE kind. To see if he'd get up to eat I jingled his leash and of course he jumped up and came into the kitchen.

I remember how I felt when I was anemic. I was dizzy on and off, just feeling blah and very weak at times. Wasn't depressed though. Miles seems somewhat depressed. He's not too excited when I do our regular schnuggle stuff.

I don't know...this creeps me out. Miles is such a big part of me staying well that I CANNOT have him be ill.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Hugs to you and Miles, first off.

Second, I'm not sure exactly what the symptoms might point to but I will tell you that, at some point or another, Speck has had similar things. The blood in his stool turned out to be nothing more than irritation around his, um, "exit area" (so therefore, it wasn't truly in his stool) and listlessness turned out to be anything from a change in weather to a change in diet. I've seen Speck's poop get to that weird greenish tinge of color once but, upon a trip to the vet with a sample, it turned out to be related to nutrition and was easily corrected. I know getting to your vet and getting some answers will give you (and Miles) peace of mind but, in the meantime, best wishes. Hang in there.

:grouphug

Guest lauri
Have you done a tick panel on him?

I'm not sure if they'll run a tick panel, but ticks are highly unlikely as we'd have to go into the chapparal area to get them in our area. We usually avoid taking him to these areas as we like to hike and it's just too hard dealing with 'Mr. Stop And Sniff' when we want a good workout. ANd during the summer lots of rattlesnakes! He just goes in our neighborhood.

Will they see something off inthe bloodwork if it's a tick disease?

She did mention something parasitic...

Re tick panel: TBD can lay dormant for 5-7 years.

Sometimes (not always) the platelets and HCT and RBC will be off.

Green tinge sounds like an infection of some sort. Did they put him on any antibiotics?

You know how he should be acting. Take him back to the vet if you don't think he is improving and let them know you know something is wrong. Most vets will listen to the owner.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest lauri

We're just waiting on the results of stool and blood tests. His homeopath vet will be in the clinic Tuesday and she knows him more than any other vet there. He's had yearly bloodwork and we've had him for almost 5 years - bloodwork has always been good so far. If something is dormant...well I guess it's something that needs to be addressed if nothing else comes up.

One thing I thought of - I was letting my chickens run free in the yard until I found they contributed to already dying lawn, and I suspect that he may have eaten old eggs that were layed that we did not find. No throwing up though.

Stranger again, the PGE guy came in our yard to fix an outage. Miles was excited to see him and wasn't ovrly active, but got up from the bed and went outside to greet hm. This seems to come in 'waves'... <_<