Well, Crap!

Guest charmsmom

Guest charmsmom

Diamond does fine on stairs...most of the time. Every now and then, she decides to go charging when we least expect it. <_< Well, wouldn't you know it...today's that day. She gets hurt on her right rear leg. I *think* she just pulled a muscle, but she's limping and whining if she lays on it. It's not broken...that much I can tell. She has full ROM and doesn't cry if you manipulate it. She will walk on it and use it, but tends to favor it. She is also not really lifting it up...not dragging it, but not picking it up all the way, either. I gave her some Metacam this morning, but I'm not sure how great it's working.

I guess what I'm trying to determine is if it's a wait-and-see, now that I've rambled on. WWYD??

I'd give it at least 24 hours to see if she's better in the morning. Sometimes they just pull those muscles and are sore for a couple of days.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest houndlover

I agree with Jillysfullhouse. My hounds tend to pull something all too often and it is generally better the next day or two. The metacam doesn't hurt but if you plan to take her to the vet they don't normally like them to be on pain meds b/c they want the leg to hurt so that they can tell where the injury might be, which all makes sense but kills you in the meantime to see your hound in any kind of pain.

If she is NO better today, I'd bring her in. Hope there is no need to.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest charmsmom

Thanks for checking in, everyone! :wubsite She's still limping a bit and dragging it, but she's doing better than yesterday. She was at least able to stand and eat her breakfast today, which she wouldn't do last night, so I think she feels better. I gave her the Metacam (light dose for weight) yesterday morning as a preventive measure as well as a pain-killer so that her leg wouldn't get swollen or more sore than necessary. I haven't given her any today and she's no worse off. She's using it just as much, so I'm just going to watch her over the weekend and make sure it gets better.

Either way, she's laying in the corner and has been happily working on her pig ear for half an hour. :) Persistent little booger! :lol

Edited by charmsmom

This clearly isn't a good week for Diamonds!

Glad to see she's feeling better. Hope the limp goes away soon. :grouphug

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

I am sorry, but I think I would also give 24 hours like everyone else is saying.......I hope she feels better real soon.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Glad to hear she is feeling a bit better. Those pigs ears have amazing healing qualities you know, you can ask any houndie and they'll tell you that! :lol Hope she is back to her happy pain free self over the weekend.