Introducing Chap

Guest HappyChap

Guest HappyChap
He looks very tall, is he? My Frankie was about the same weight when I adopted him 6 years ago, he's around 81 lbs. now and usually the tallest grey at any event we go to.... Chap is very handsome, welcome to GT!

I think Chap is average greyhound height. He looks pretty solid, although all the Labs in the neighborhood now look short and stocky to me so I guess he's pretty tall!

Guest HappyChap
Hi from Maryland! You're a local!! Which group did you use?

We adopted through GPA-NOVA. They did a great job educating us. Unfortunately everyone in the family other than myself was under the weather on adoption day so we rushed a bit.

On a different topic, I found a tick on Chap a few days ago (crawling on his collar) - maybe because of the very warm weekend we had. So that night we started him on Frontline Plus (already had it ready for Spring). Then the next evening we found a fully engorged tick on the side of his head, which we removed with tweezers. Then yesterday, we found a partially engorged tick on our daughter's scalp which we weren't able to remove effectively so she was at the Doctor's office last night having the tick removed. Part of Chap's job is to keep the deer out of our yard (seems to be working, I haven't seen them since he marked the yard), but they used to come by in herds.