Household Cleaning Products

Guest das1075

Guest das1075

What types of cleaning products do you use on your floors and on your bathroom tubs/sinks/toilets that are pet safe?

Thanks!

ETA: I figured this fit in grey health since so many cleaning products are dangerous to it!

Edited by das1075

Apple Cider Vinegar can be used in toilets, sinks, etc and it kills many of the same bacteria that other household cleaners kill. We use it in the toilet because it seems like no matter how faithful we are about putting the seats down AND closing the door, some hound seems to manage to get her nose in the toilet to drink (PARADISE! :lol)

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Yup, I use vinegar also (just plain white vinegar though). For the toilet I just splash some in and brush with the toilet brush. I have a 50/50 vinegar/water solution in a spray bottle also. For most "scrubby" jobs I use baking soda, like cooked on pots and pans and such.

For floors I have a microfiber mop that is wonderful. It cleans really well and all I use is water, no cleaners - I use quite hot water though.

Guest KennelMom

I used 256-solution from petedge. It comes in a gallon and dilutes to make 256 gallons of cleaner. I started using it in the kennel b/c it's pet safe and it worked so well I started using it in the house as well. I use it for everything except glass.

Guest ArtysPeople

We use vinegar, but also keep a bottle of 7th Generation Free and Clear multi-purpose cleaner on hand for miscellaneous clean-ups. A little expensive, but it's totally non-toxic, biodegradable, completely unscented (a big bonus for us), and can be used to clean just about anything.

Link to Amazon page.

We also use their free and clear dish soaps (sink and dishwasher versions), but that's mainly because we don't like the way that commercial soaps smell (who wants plates that smell like Cascade?).

I hate the smell of vinegar, but it does clean well. I use Method products, which you can get at Target, and Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day, which you can get at Whole Foods (and some other places).

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~