Could Last Weekend's Stress

Guest ss556

Alan is a very nervous boy when out of his routine, like going new places and he does have high blood pressure.

Last Sunday I took Alan to LIGHT's office - the adoption agency I got him from, to get a picture with Santa. As soon as I got on the parkway, whe was tremblng. I said "this is not worth it" but I planned on going with a few friends and I figured he would calm down. Got out at my friends, he was happy for a bit as he saw another grey but then it was back into the car. When we got there, I walked him a bit and he was ok - saw three other greys but then became nervous as we went inside. He probably thought is was another vet - there were other greys, lots of people and some crates. We managed to get the picture (not greyt) and shopped a bit, left and went back to my friends house. I was concerned b/c she has wood floors and I know how my Alan is. Sure enough all the greys go in and there's Alan, he slid down on his knee and couldn't get up - I couldn't get to him so friends picked him up. He wasn't happy, very nervous, was pacing, had him lay down for a few but then I left. He wasn't happy. The ride home was the usual slight tremble, not sure where we were going. Got home, he was happy and jumped on my bed and slept for at least 5 hrs. straight. maybe more.

So I am wondering if that stess event could have been the culprit for the soft poop all week and then developing diarrhea, horiible gas & noisy stomach sounds? Could his stomach/intestine get hit so hard by his nerves? If he's not better by Monday morning Iwll have to make a vet appt.Alan is already eating rice and chicken.

Guest SoulsMom

Soul is not a nervous boy at all, but he has been totally stressed out about having to poop in the snow. Since the first ice storm here he's down to one poo a day, and it's hasn't been pretty . . . .nothing has changed in his diet, so my assumption is the stress. It's actually getting better now, thank goodness.

Soul also sometimes gets gassy on our meet and greets, I'm guessing from all the excitement . . . .

I don't think that a visit a week ago would result in a nervous stomach all week.

I could chalk it up to him being "off" and if it continues, bring him in for quick check.

hope he's feeling better.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest gomiesmom

Could be stress, but also try to think about ANYTHING that is different. Our boy had soft poop when we first got him ( 2/07) then once I regulated his food, he was fine (for months) ..... UNITL.... mid summer 07 he started having the squirts and he was also not eating well ( nosing the food around in his bowl) Nothing different, same food, no stress, etc. We store food in a big rubbermaid bin in the garage, since there's no room in the kitchen and the garage just off the kitchen. We have always done this. Come to find out, since they grey's food has a high meat content, I deduced that w/ the summer temps and humidity in middle VA, the food was actually spoiled. The food was getting hot during the day cool at night, so on and so on. Once I threw it out, replaced it and changed where we store it, he's back to normal solid poops. I felt like a HORRIBLE mother. ( I felt like I gave him food poisoning ) Due to the him not wanting to eat, and nosing the food around, I think he knew it was bad and it was giving him a tummy ache.

Just one experience of a minute thing one my not think of, but could cause an issue.

I hope you get to the bottom of it, but ours wasn't so severe. I would get medical attention if it continues. I hope he feels better soon!