Why Does The Post Office Have To Shut

Guest Hannah

I got a card through the letter box saying there is a parcel waiting at the local post office for me :yay

the only thing I can think of is it is my SS parcel which has been on its way for ages now, long enough for the automated system to start emailing me reminders about ticking the box to say the parcel has arrived :rolleyes:

but I can't get to the post office until Saturday because it shuts at 5pm and the earliest I can get to it on my way home from work is 5.20pm :cry1

Saturday is 3 more sleeps away, thats like forever!!

Lets see, it opens at 9am on saturday and its 9.30pm on wednesday now so thats 60 hours :eek

let the count down begin :lol:crazy

Edited by Hannah

Guest Mommydog

Oh dear, didn't you know they're having a lightning strike on Saturday and all the P.O's are going to be closed ? :lol :lol :lol Only kidding, running for cover now :P

Oh dear, didn't you know they're having a lightning strike on Saturday and all the P.O's are going to be closed ? :lol :lol :lol Only kidding, running for cover now :P

:tomato:tomato:tomato:lol

I am going to be sooooooo dissapointed if it isnt my SS parcel.

Guest Mommydog

I had the same problem with mine, they tried to deliver on a Saturday and I was out, so I had to wait. I rang them on the Monday morning when I got home from work to request redelivery, telling them it was OK to leave it in the recycling box. As I can't get to the P.O. when I'm working either, and amazingly they'd been with it by the time I got up! So I didn't do too badly.

:bounce8 it's here :bounce8

holly came to collect it from the post office with me and bounced all the way home :rolleyes:

I opened the outer box to check everything looked OK and check for obvious special storage instructions (didn't find any). so the box has been shut again and is now safely stored out of critters way until christmas.

thank you SS, photos and things will be posted after opening.

stored out of critters way until christmas.

That is just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, one for you needs to be opened before Christmas just so you can use it as it is intended.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

That is just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, one for you needs to be opened before Christmas just so you can use it as it is intended.

Now there's an excuse to open the box!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! :bounce1

can't wait to get home tonight and see what it is :D

Holly and the kitties will have to wait though because I am a horrible cruel mummy :lol Holly has forgotten all about the box since she assisted me with wrapping presents and having fun with leftover and off-cut bits of wrapping paper :rolleyes:

Our post office is only open 9-4 and 9-11 on Sat.And the don't let greyhound in the door! Not fair because we're not really dogs even if we are canines.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!