Henry Is Not Hypothyroid

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

I am kinda bummed. I was hoping I had found the cause of his seizures. Ah well.

The moral here is, dont be afraid to question a vet's diagnosis and insist on more testing. The first vet had diagnosed Henry as hypothyroid based on only his T4 level.

Guest greytexplorer
I am kinda bummed. I was hoping I had found the cause of his seizures. Ah well.

The moral here is, dont be afraid to question a vet's diagnosis and insist on more testing. The first vet had diagnosed Henry as hypothyroid based on only his T4 level.

what were Henry's full panel values? just curious.

Did you have a tick panel run also? Some TBDs can cause seizures...

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest EmilyAnne
Did you have a tick panel run also? Some TBDs can cause seizures...

That's the next thing I am gonna research. Henry has had seizures for at least two years though. Can tick diseases be that subtle for that long?

Yes, they can. They can lie dormant for a long time, then start rearing their ugly heads.

I believe, however, that most epilepsy is idiopathic, so you may never find out the cause. :(

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire