She's Panting And Trembling

Guest aujulie

Guest aujulie

Annie (4 years) has been at the kennel for the past two nights. I picked her up this afternoon and seemed completely normal (as usual). She's been fine all evening. Ate all her dinner, drank, slept a little. DH let her out for a while and when she came in, I noticed that she was trembling and arching her back. She has been panting too. Not really hard. But like she just came in from a walk. I ran my hands down her sides and middle and no action from her so I can't believe that she has pulled a muscle. She is also laying down and getting up with no difficulty.

What would cause this? I can't get our vet on the phone and our adoption coordinator is out of town (no answer on cell). Any advice?

Could you maybe have just caught her at the tail end of vomitting out back and maybe didn't see it? Or were you watching her out there? Is she eating/drinking normal? Is she still sort of arched in the house? Could she have gotten into anything?

Guest alannamac

Any chance she ran around in "zoomies" circles in the back yard when you weren't looking? If not to cool off, panting is a sign of stress, and back arching's not good....could be any number of things that need to be checked out. Can you take her temperature? If those symptoms continue past 1/2 hr, I'd take her to the e-vet.

I know that when my greys are panting its because they are:

Hot or

Tired or

Anxious or

In pain.

I'm opting for anxious for your girl.

Can you call the kennel to find out if there were any problems.

If it's the same in the morning, I'd bring her in for a check up.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest alannamac

Should've mentioned in the last post ...just in case you don't know....that a rectal temp of below 98.6 or above 104 requires immediate attention (low temps usually viral, high temps often bacterial.....and both need to be addressed quickly)

Hope that she's feeling better soon.

Guest aujulie

She seems to be fine this morning. She slept as usual and got up at the same time. I have no clue what made any of it happen. I'll watch her today and see what happens. Thanks for the advice!