Akins Nip N Tuck

Guest DonnaTate

Guest DonnaTate

Hi everyone! I'm posting this in hopes of finding the new adoptive parents of Akins Nip N Tuck. Tuck had lived with me since the day after he got off the track, until very early this year. I miss him dearly and was hoping I could share some stories with you about my, sorry, your sweet boy. Mainly I just want to know that he's happy, healthy and in a good home.

If you're out there, I'd love to hear from you!

Guest IrskasMom

Donna , I can clearly hear you miss that Boy. I have no clue , but hopefully somebody who has adopted

that Boy will get in touch with you soom. Good Luck :goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

Guest DonnaTate
Can you leave a message for his adoption group to forward to the new owners?

Greydata- Akins Nip N Tuck

When I spoke with the adoption group originally, I asked that they give my phone number and address to the foster parents and they wouldn't do that. I asked if I would be allowed to visit him or to take him to the dog park sometime since he still lived in the same city as I do, and that was a "no" as well. They acted as if I was an alien or something for wanting to see my baby.

Tuck is 8 now and he started showing signs of an increased prey instinct, and became more aggressive around other dogs when my Greyhound Louise passed away from cancer. He got into a fight with my brother's female dog, one of my other (non-Grey) dogs and one of the neighbor's dogs, causing serious injury in all cases. He'd also killed a cat when we were out of town (someone was taking care of him for us and didn't crate him).

It was so difficult to see him leave, but I had to make sure my other 2 dogs were safe.

I told the adoption agency about everything that happened, yet even on their website they refused to mark that he wasn't safe around cats and really needed to be an only dog, only that he was "untested" around other animals. I'm very upset with the way things were handled with him.

They didn't even tell me that he was re-adopted, I just happened to be looking on their website and didn't see his picture anymore. I recently received word (after having to e-mail and ask) that he's an only dog and is doing very well, but all of this just makes me wonder about them.

Guest MomtoMiniMe

Hi Donna,

Rest assured Tuck is doing just fine. Please understand that when a dog is returned, it is extremely difficult for them to understand the transition. This is probably the reason you were told you couldn't take him places with you (dog park etc.). He wouldn't understand, and it could have really effected him emotionally. He needed to be able to move on, and start over. Please think of how difficult it was for him to have to leave his home of 5 years. That is almost half a lifetime for these hounds...

Sometimes the new adopter does not want to contact the old family or even doesn't want them to see their former dog. I have to be honest, all three of my GH's were returns and I would consider allowing only one of the former "Mom's" see her former baby... The others... I would have some choice words for...

With that said. Normally if anyone inquires about a hound we have adopted, we ask the adopter if they wish to correspond (many times it is people who have littermates of the other dogs we've adopted out), if the adopter does not wish to have contact, we decline on their behalf.

I hope this eases your mind. He's safe, he's happy and his new family just adores him. I got to meet him at OSU. I was there with one of my hounds who is ill. Tuck was as handsome in person as he was in his photos. :wub: His new Dad couldn't stop singing his praises. They are very in love. He's extremely spoiled. Nothing but the best for their "only child"... Keep an eye on the happy tails page. If they send me photos, I put them out there. :colgate

Can you leave a message for his adoption group to forward to the new owners?

Greydata- Akins Nip N Tuck

When I spoke with the adoption group originally, I asked that they give my phone number and address to the foster parents and they wouldn't do that. I asked if I would be allowed to visit him or to take him to the dog park sometime since he still lived in the same city as I do, and that was a "no" as well. They acted as if I was an alien or something for wanting to see my baby.

Tuck is 8 now and he started showing signs of an increased prey instinct, and became more aggressive around other dogs when my Greyhound Louise passed away from cancer. He got into a fight with my brother's female dog, one of my other (non-Grey) dogs and one of the neighbor's dogs, causing serious injury in all cases. He'd also killed a cat when we were out of town (someone was taking care of him for us and didn't crate him).

It was so difficult to see him leave, but I had to make sure my other 2 dogs were safe.

I told the adoption agency about everything that happened, yet even on their website they refused to mark that he wasn't safe around cats and really needed to be an only dog, only that he was "untested" around other animals. I'm very upset with the way things were handled with him.

They didn't even tell me that he was re-adopted, I just happened to be looking on their website and didn't see his picture anymore. I recently received word (after having to e-mail and ask) that he's an only dog and is doing very well, but all of this just makes me wonder about them.

Guest IrskasMom

Kera .... It really all makes great Sense what you said and I agree. I am sure Donna will understand and to

know , that he is being spoiled,loved and cared for by some wonderful People could put her at Ease. :):)