Back From Another Derm Vet Visit

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

Update July 31: Derm vet just called. (small rant, she was in a rush and made a point of telling me her client was waiting when I asked some questions, hey, SHE called ME!)

Monty's culture and sensitivity was inconclusive (for $$$$$!). They couldn't grow a bacteria therefore don't know what antibiotics to switch to, augh. For now he will stay on Simplicef while we wait for the ringworm test results.

The thyroid panel that I INSISTED on revealed hypothyroidism even with greyhound numbers. I don't have the numbers AS SHE WAS IN A RUSH (fooey) but she is faxing them to my regular vet today so I will get them. This is why

(1) he is going BALD BALD BALD and

(2) he is so infection prone.

He will start on the thyroid meds tomorrow. Anyone with experience with this, I would so appreciate input! She indicated this is very treatable and a lifetime but not a debilitating disease.

thanks!

Gosh, I am so sorry you and Monty are going through this! How frustrating that they can not pin point which bacteria is involved. Sending healing thoughts for Monty!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest greytmonty
Gosh, I am so sorry you and Monty are going through this! How frustrating that they can not pin point which bacteria is involved. Sending healing thoughts for Monty!

Thank you for your kind reply.... :colgate

I am also bumping this for anyone who has a dog with hypothyroidism....

I googled and found a good article that helped enlighten me a little.hypothyroid dog

Edited by greytmonty

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Karen, thyroid problems are usually treated with one or two pills a day, not a big deal. Hoping this is the ROOT of ALL of Monty's goings on. :bighug to you, hey if your Derm (must have been freudian, typed Dam by mistake but corrected it :lol ) Vet does not have time to talk, why not call AFTER she sees this patient?? Sometimes they make us wonder who is paying WHO for services RENDERED (not for services NOT rendered!!) Just my minor rant on your behalf. :lol

:bighug to you and Monty. :D

Guest greytmonty
Oh Karen, thyroid problems are usually treated with one or two pills a day, not a big deal. Hoping this is the ROOT of ALL of Monty's goings on. :bighug to you, hey if your Derm (must have been freudian, typed Dam by mistake but corrected it :lol ) Vet does not have time to talk, why not call AFTER she sees this patient?? Sometimes they make us wonder who is paying WHO for services RENDERED (not for services NOT rendered!!) Just my minor rant on your behalf. :lol

:bighug to you and Monty. :D

Just faxed a 1 1/2 page letter to my d--- vet. We have had lots and lots of experiences with her way too busy practice and this was the last straw. The letter is polite but explains my upset.

Like the time Monty was vomiting for 4 days and she never called back, and our regular vet saw him and said it was the antibiotic. :angryfire