Question About Revolution

Guest anneh

Guest anneh

My non grey had sarcoptic mange early this year and had to be treated with oral doses of ivermectin. My holistic vet who normally prefers not to use chemicals recommended that for this year I use topical revolution on him, she fears because I am on a farm and have seen fox that he may pick up sarcoptic mange again. I was only going to use for this summer but am currently fostering a dog that has some sort of skin condition and altho not dx as sarcoptic mange I am paranoid about it so thinking of using the revolution again next month while I have the foster dog here. I know some people are against it but those of you who use it have your dogs remained in good health? I normally don't use anything for fleas/ticks only Interceptor for HW so this is the first time I have had to deal with this kind of decision. Thanks for input anneh

Edited by anneh

Guest LynnM

I've used Revolution for both HW/flea control and for Sarcoptes, and for extended periods of time. I really like it- the only downside for me was cost. It was quite effective at doing everything it was supposed to do, and with no ill effects, even on my late mix, who, when she needed it (for sarcoptes) was not in good health and very HW positive.

Lynn

Guest anneh

thank you for your kind response, very encouraging. My vet said its safer than him getting SM again. I think I will at least use it while the foster is here. The foster came with dx of flea bite dermatitis due to neglect but altho her fur is growing back she still scratches and nibbles areas of her body quite often. She did have two scrapings but SM is hard to dx with scraping. One vet mentioned possibility of SM but then said it didn't present as SM. There could also be food allergies and for now she is on raw rabbit/veggies with no grains plus all the usual like salmon oil etc. I may end up keeping her as she is so sweet. anneh

I've used Revolution for both HW/flea control and for Sarcoptes, and for extended periods of time. I really like it- the only downside for me was cost. It was quite effective at doing everything it was supposed to do, and with no ill effects, even on my late mix, who, when she needed it (for sarcoptes) was not in good health and very HW positive.

Lynn

Guest LynnM

This is true... Sarcoptes is no fun for ANYONE- dog or human. Fortunately, it's self limiting in humans, but you're pretty darn itchy until it's gone!

Lynn