Ear Mites

Guest mhall

Guest mhall

are passed pretty easily from one animal to another, right? Tarmac's backyard kitty friend (a neighbor's cat, she spends 99% of her time in the backyard) looks like she has ear mites. When she came up to say hi to Tarmac today, her ears were all red and raw on the inside and there was dark waxy looking stuff in them. I'm guessing I should probably keep Tarmac a safe distance away from her for the time being?

I am going to talk to her owner and tell him (nicely) to take her to the vet. He's not the most responsible fellow, so I'm a little worried that he won't follow through with treatment for her. I don't want her to suffer - she is obviously uncomfortable, whatever is going on. If she doesn't get treated, are there any home mixed or non prescription type treatments that would be safe for me to use on her? We're kind of broke at the moment, and I'm quite allergic to cats, so I don't want to haul her into the vet myself.

Guest simile

I don't know about OTC medication or home treatments for ear mites, but I know that just cleaning the ears will make a big difference for the kitty - if she'll let you. The ears sound in pretty bad shape, so she might not let you touch them.

Guest longdogs

Revolution, a topical flea-killer, is anti-flea, anti-worm and anti-mite. Liquid paraffin and vaseline can work, so I've heard.