Looking For Good Greyhound Vet In Upstate Sc

Guest MZH

Hi,

We decided to pull up stakes in CT and move to SC. We're looking forward to the move very much and hope to meet SC Greyhound folks. We're not looking forward to finding another vet though because our current vet here in CT is terrific; we really hate leaving her behind.

If anyone can recommend a Greyhound-savvy vet (or vets!) in the Anderson area, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Marcia, still in CT

Edited for lousy spelling as usual.

Edited by MZH

My vet is in Charlotte, almost at the SC border, but Anderson would be a far drive. Good luck, I know there are several adoption groups in SC so hopefully someone can help you out!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest trevdog

No idea on the vet, but my parents retired to the area and love it! Kennelmom lives near there, maybe she would have a suggestion?

Hi,

We decided to pull up stakes in CT and move to SC. We're looking forward to the move very much and hope to meet SC Greyhound folks. We're not looking forward to finding another vet though because our current vet here in CT is terrific; we really hate leaving her behind.

If anyone can recommend a Greyhound-savvy vet (or vets!) in the Anderson area, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Marcia, still in CT

Edited for lousy spelling as usual.

Electric City Animal Clinic is in Anderson and is VERY grey savvy. I LOVE that practice! I'm moving back to SC next week (provided I find a place to live, eeeeek!) and I will be taking my hounds there. In fact, I've taken them back up there the entire time I've lived here in Alabama! :colgate

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif

Guest dmona

Can't believe all of us folks moving to S.C.. DH and I have our house for sale and will be moving to a little place near Columbia. Have already gotten in touch with a group there. I met Joyce (part of the group) on Greytalk of all places. WOW! Maybe all of us will run into each other at some event.

As a matter of fact, we have a showing on our house tomorrow AM, please say a prayer this will be the one!

Hi We moved down here from Pennsylvania 4-years ago and we love it as a matter of fact, we just bought a new home in Simpsonville South Carolina!!!!

Your greys will also love it, the weather stays warm a lot longer! We use a vet in Greenville that I know other greyhounds in our group use and her name is Robertson she is FANTASTIC!!!! But I have also heard that Electric City is Great and will probably be a lot closer to you!

My grey is from Conn. he was home raised up there, when you get down here, will have to hook you up, there is regular play times here and lots of things you can get involved with!!!! :colgate

Edited by 3greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

<<

Electric City Animal Clinic is in Anderson and is VERY grey savvy. I LOVE that practice! I'm moving back to SC next week (provided I find a place to live, eeeeek!) and I will be taking my hounds there. In fact, I've taken them back up there the entire time I've lived here in Alabama! :colgate

>>

All right! I don't know how many times we've driven past that clinic in April and May and wondered about them (we went to Anderson twice house hunting).

Nan, this is very funny. My DH has your sig photo as one of his screen savers. How nice to perhaps finally be able to meet you in person! Please let us know where you wind up and good luck in your house hunting. That's very brave of you, moving there with no place to stay! And how wonderful (and what a relief) to know there are plenty of grey folk in the upstate area; phew!

Marcia

Hi We moved down here from Pennsylvania 4-years ago and we love it as a matter of fact, we just bought a new home in Simpsonville South Carolina!!!!

Your greys will also love it, the weather stays warm a lot longer! We use a vet in Greenville that I know other greyhounds in our group use and her name is Robertson she is FANTASTIC!!!! But I have also heard that Electric City is Great and will probably be a lot closer to you!

My grey is from Conn. he was home raised up there, when you get down here, will have to hook you up, there is regular play times here and lots of things you can get involved with!!!! :colgate

Good heavens, we looked at a house in Simpsonville too. I wonder if it's the same one. :lol Good heavens again, our Cullen was homed-raised (by us) in CT. Might we already know each other? :eek

The main reason we are moving to SC is to avoid long winters. So glad to hear it really does stay warm a lot longer and that we haven't made a mistake pulling up stakes. B)

Marcia

No idea on the vet, but my parents retired to the area and love it! Kennelmom lives near there, maybe she would have a suggestion?

This move gets better sounding by the post; thanks for the positive news!

Marcia

Can't believe all of us folks moving to S.C.. DH and I have our house for sale and will be moving to a little place near Columbia. Have already gotten in touch with a group there. I met Joyce (part of the group) on Greytalk of all places. WOW! Maybe all of us will run into each other at some event.

As a matter of fact, we have a showing on our house tomorrow AM, please say a prayer this will be the one!

Will do. We could use a few prayers too. Our house has been on the market for only 2 weeks though. It seems like forever. I must say, we're pretty much packed. (Who me, anxious? :lol) We haven't contacted any groups yet, so you're ahead of us in that dept. and I've been in touch with a fellow GreyTalker for a while, who has made me feel very comfortable about moving to SC.

It will be wonderful for the northern belles to meet the southern belles at greyhound events!

Marcia, in limbo at the moment