How Often Do You Take Your Hounds To The Vet?

Guest robingrey

Frequency of Vet Visits  

296 members have voted

1. 1. In the last year, how often did you take your grey to the vet? If you have more than one, use the average number of visits last year.

• Never Been
    • Once a Year
    • Twice a Year
    • 2-4 Times a Year
    • 4-8 Times a Year
    • 8-12 Times a Year
    • Bi-Monthly
    • Weekly
    • Daily

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greybeach
After reading all the interesting and informative posts on this wonderful forum I noticed it seems that everyone is sick all the time! I know it has a lot to do with this being an outlet for exactly those types of situations and I wanted to see if I could get a realistic look at how often most hounds need to be seen by a vet. Thanks for the info!

p.s. This is my first poll - I hope it comes out well.

Edited to say: Include all visits, well and sick.

(Thanks KennelMom!)

I go to the vet a lot because I'm a bit of a worrier and figure better safe than sorry. During the first few months with Bart, I actually took him to the vet because he was sleeping all of the time (he wasn't like that when I first adopted him, duh he was getting used to his new life and settling in). When Athena broke her leg we were at the vet every week, sometimes twice a week to change the bandage. She's better now and I'm getting better at determining when to go or not, but I call the vet a lot, too

Guest mcsweeneysmommy

Interesting questions.

I have 2 greys between my mom and I. Trust tends to be more accidnet prone (dealing with toe dislocations right now) she seems to have more accident visits. Nino visits far less often. Both go about every 6 weeks for their nail trimmings. ANd then twice a year for their well care, shots, etc. We lost our first grey to bone cancer which had already spread everywhere before we knew it, so we are a bit crazy about their health.

Hope that helps

After reading all the interesting and informative posts on this wonderful forum I noticed it seems that everyone is sick all the time! I know it has a lot to do with this being an outlet for exactly those types of situations and I wanted to see if I could get a realistic look at how often most hounds need to be seen by a vet. Thanks for the info!

p.s. This is my first poll - I hope it comes out well.

Edited to say: Include all visits, well and sick.

(Thanks KennelMom!)

• 1 month later...