Whining At Night

Guest Magzy68

Guest Magzy68

Hello,

I'm back again with another question. So we got our new dog Saturday and she has been crated during the day while our other greyhound (we've had for 2.5 years) gets run of house. We crate her at night too bc were not comfortable with letting the two of them free unsupervised without muzzles yet. The only issue is she wakes us up numerous times throughout the night whining/whimpering. It's not bc she has to go to the bathroom. Although we do take her out and she goes but once back in the crate she whines. She stops after about 5-10 mins but resumes every hour or so. She goes to sleep just fine but starts whining around midnight. Any suggestions on how to handle this? We locked the other dog in the bedroom with us thinking maybe she just missed him but she continued to whine.

It appears both dogs are in the bedroom with you, with the new dog (name??) in the crate and the established dog (name?) having the run of the bedroom. In my opinion, your new girl doesn't like to be in the crate at night. That seems pretty straight forward to me. If you don't trust them unmuzzled, muzzle both of them.