Dap 22 Vaccine

Guest Cardiffcouple

Guest Cardiffcouple

Hi all!

Mercy and Rocky are due for their DAP 22 vaccine. I am very reluctant to have them get that shot. I am very worried about reactions to the shot. Does anyone have any thoughts about getting this vaccine for their hounds? I appreciate your input!

Annie gets it at the required intervals. She's never had a reaction. I will continue to get recommended vaccines until something occurs that speaks otherwise because I'm not willing to take a chance on the diseases vaccines protect against.

FYI, there is an alternative, to quote from an on-line article:

"Vaccine titers can performed on your dog's blood to determine whether your dog still has immunity to these diseases. Some dog owners prefer to test the blood first before vaccinating, especially in cases where it is believed the vaccine may be harmful to the dog. However, the cost of these blood titers is not insignificant and, if the blood titers prove to be low, vaccination will still be necessary. Consult with your veterinarian about whether blood titers are an appropriate option for your dog prior to vaccination."