Small, Pink Lump On Neck

Guest greysmitten

Guest greysmitten

Looking for opinions ...

Noticed it about two weeks ago. It hasn't changed in appearance. At first, i thought it might be a rub injury because of her ID collar buckle, so she hasnt worn it since.

I then thought it might just be a pimple, but a little squeeze only showed pinpricks of blood under the surface.

The lump is about the size and colour of a pencil eraser.

4160087ac6beef91aa051bbc9ea1250d.jpg

Obviously, I don't want to run to the vet for a non-routine or non-emergency reason. Thoughts?

How old is she?

My Sam (nearly 13) has an assortment of skin bumps, some of which have been there for years. His are easiest to find where they disrupt the hair growth. He looks as if he has half-a-dozen cowlicks: thigh, side, back, etc.

Sam's vet has looked at his bumps and told me to keep an eye on them and let him know if they change.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Looks a lot like a histiocytoma to me. Could be a little sebaceous cyst. Probably good to go to the vet for a check and a quick cytology. With bumps it's always good to know for sure.

Anne, mom to Beth the Bumpy (none at present, but she's had a range of cysts and warts and a histiocytoma :) )

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

My Jack had a small lump on his forehead that looked just like that at first, but over a week or two it had doubled in size so off the vet we went to get her opinion! She said it could be a histiocytoma or a hemangio (sp?) sarcoma, so we decided to remove it and send it out for testing. We are hoping it comes back as a "harmless lump" but wanted to be proactive just in case! He looks like a pirate now with the stitches on his head - it's a fairly large incision because she wanted to get clean margins! :goodluck

:ghplaybow

Just an update: Jack's lump turned out to be what the pathologist described as a "routine benign cutaneous histiocytoma" :yay

Greysmitten, did you have your vet look at your pup's bump? Fingers crossed that the word benign figures prominently in your results too! :goodluck

Guest greysmitten
:ghplaybow

Just an update: Jack's lump turned out to be what the pathologist described as a "routine benign cutaneous histiocytoma" :yay

Greysmitten, did you have your vet look at your pup's bump? Fingers crossed that the word benign figures prominently in your results too! :goodluck

That's great news for Jack!

No, I haven't brought her in. I'm going to,watch it for a while. It hasn't changed at all ...

Edit: Will they remove Jack's bump?