Treats - Questions And Ideas

Guest Krissyfissy

Guest Krissyfissy

I have been giving Wally and Brady kongs every morning on my way out the door, with some kibble, a couple of small treats, and sealed with peanut butter from the freezer. They seem to enjoy these very much. What else do you fill these with?

Also, while shopping at Petco, someone introduced us to bully sticks (P.U! Stinky!) and beef soup bones. We don't like to give them these while we aren't home to monitor the small pieces. Any other treats you might leave them with while away from the home?

The beef soup bones make my hounds teeth bleed, is this ok? Also, they actually try to chew off pieces and swallow the bone, not just the marrow. Is this ok?

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Guest BrianRke

Personally, I would stay away from the Beef Soup Bones.

Another thing you can put in the Kong is low fat cream cheese

Guest giantsfan

We line the inside of the kongs (about 1-2 inches up) with the canned/wet version of their normal kibble and freeze it. Our dogs love bully sticks, which we buy online for less than a regular petstore, but we only give them these when we can supervise.

Guest Krissyfissy

Deer antlers? Wow, I have never heard of that!

The Petco lady told me about those beef soup bones and how her Danes loved them. So we bought two, but once Brady bit off a piece of the bone, we threw them away.

I love the kibble/wet food idea and the cream cheese. It will be great to switch it up a bit so it can be a surprise!

Thanks for the suggestions :)