An Open Letter To Other Dog Owners

Guest mirinaaronsmom

A few months ago a beagle mix of some sort came barreling across the street at my dogs. I sprayed it and it backed off and the woman yelled at me. We continued walking and the dog came at us AGAIN. I was ready to spray it again and the woman said, "He just wants to say hi." I said, "Yeah, that's obvious since all the hair on his back is straight up." Now what if a car had come past one of the times he came across the street? As we've said before, you can't fix stupid.

Just the other day as I came out of the woods at a leashed only park, I noticed two large dogs running loose towards my dog as the owner is yelling "don't worry, they're good!", as one of them lunges at my dog and grabs him by the neck. Luckily he wasn't hurt. I told the owner there was a $200 fine for unleashed dogs (there is) and I haven't seen him there since. I no longer can walk my dog down my own road (I live on a dirt road in a rural area, perfect for dog walking) because most of the neighbors have dogs in fenced in yards, they just don't bother to shut their gates. Some of the dogs are good, some aren't. It's not worth the trouble.