Is This Kennel Cough?

DevilDog

Doesn't sound like kennel cough to me either, and as someone already said, it travels by air, so you can clean and scrub the dishes all you like, but it's the airborne particles when the dog coughs that spread it.

My dog just got a kennel cough vaccine yesterday--and they told me it was good for a year. I normally don't get it, but with my Dad on death's door I needed George to be kennel ready if necessary, and they won't take him unless he's had it.

I think vets say the vaccine is good for a year (or the manufacturer does), but boarding facilities often require that the dog has had the vaccine within the last six months. That's something you'll want to keep in mind for George.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Swifthounds

To the extent it's "good" bordetella vx is effective for somewhere from 4 to 9 months. They just round up (as opposed to down with other vaccines) so it comes due with an annual exam. So, actually, if it's one area where if you're going to bother with it at all, the every 6 mo that is touted by some boarding places is medically appropriate.

Cough-wise, it's no big deal, but KC can be annoying to listen to. It will just run it's course.