Big D Off And On For Weeks

Guest JsMom

Things are looking a little better. Vet said to switch him back to the "old" food that was at least working for him. Then we can figure out if we're going to switch again or just keep doctoring things up. I wish I could just cook for him all the time -- he's loving the bland diet! (Although the poop looks really weird... but at least it's not in liquid form....)

Thanks for the update. Hope things continue to look better! :) If he regresses on the old food, you'll probably want to discontinue it pretty quickly, IMO. Let us know how it goes.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I am definitely watching for any changes during the switch. The old food agreed with him, but he wouldn't eat it without lots of doctoring up, and sometimes even then it got out of hand. (I'd add some chopped chicken livers and he'd refuse, so I'd add some cheese and that would work. Then the liver + cheese combo wouldn't work the next day and I'd be adding more stuff. It got to be like a game show, where he'd just sit and watch as I scrambled around, trying to find something to put on there, and when I did, I'd look to see if that perked him up any, and then it was the $64K question as to whether that little smile meant he was happy and was finally going to eat, or just amusement at the human's antics.)

I'm also doing the switch much more slowly than I have in the past, and I hope that'll keep things on a more even keel. And still no treats, even though he's asking now.... :(