Palliative Radiation

Guest snakes

Background, Boy grey diagnosed with OS in front leg back early Jan, limping is getting a little worse lately and the vet suggested palliative radiation in conjunction with pain meds to help.

Has anyone done or explored palliative radiation for thier pup/s?

Any experiences, good, bad or ugly would be appreciated. If anyone can give information about the cots involved too that would help.

Thanks so much.

We used palliative radiation on Marvin. The treatment was $600, but that was in 2005. He had fibroblastic osteosarcoma in the left front leg, wrist area. He had good results for six weeks, then the pain came back severely and we did an amputation which we initially did not plan on doing. He had chemo treatments(which Dr. Cuoto supplied to my vet to administer, no charge), but didn't get his last one because his back leg broke on the same side as the amputation and we sent him to heaven.

You have to do what you think is right for your dog. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about what you decide, it is your decision and very personal. It's really heartbreaking to see your dog go through this and my heart goes out to you. If I had to make the decision again I don't think I would have put Marvin through that again. :(

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS