How Can I Teach Our Male Grey To Jump Up Into A Car Or Bed?

Guest avadogner

Guest avadogner

My sweet, sweet Augie is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He watched Ava jump up on the bed about a hundred times but he just doesn't get it. I tried using his fav treats to lure him up but he just stands there and cries (he cries ALL the time and that's a whole other issue). He gladly lets us pick him up. It's crazy because our girl Ava would chew off her own leg before she would let anyone pick her up. Augie just goes along for the ride (being picked up like a lamb) like he's riding an elevator. We use a funny voice and say "Ladies Lingerie second floor" like an old time elevator operator. My dad is very handy in the wood shop and said he would make us a nice set of sturdy steps that will match our furniture. I would love for Augie to get up on his own and will keep trying to teach him to jump up but I am fairly sure Augie will not be my obedience winner. He sits, stays and "leave it" but he just doesn't seem to get it. Ava gladly does a ton of tricks and is super fast to learn. Ava is my smart independent girl and Augie is my not so smart, cuddle boy. Thank your for all the tips and advice!:wubsite

-ava and augie's mum

I've had Valentino and Saint 7 years and they still do not get on the furniture, bed and will not jump into the back of the SUV. I've tried everything. They just don't have the desire to get on the furniture or jump into the car.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee