Italy's Tummy

Guest SuperiorItaly

Guest SuperiorItaly

I gave Italy a bison knuckle bone yesterday afternoon. Since then she pooped in the house which is extremely rare and it's really weird-looking. Part of it is very hard and almost powdery. And the other part is runny. I guess the bone might have been too rich for her. Thoughts?

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear about this! Yes, might have been to rich for her.

Personally, I'd give her a Pepcid AC and maybe a Gas x, and watch her diet for a few days... maybe boiled chicken and white rice ... The bone probably didn't agree with her :-( ... Hoping she feels better soon!

Guest greyhound9797

I gave Italy a bison knuckle bone yesterday afternoon. Since then she pooped in the house which is extremely rare and it's really weird-looking. Part of it is very hard and almost powdery. And the other part is runny. I guess the bone might have been too rich for her. Thoughts?

PLEASE be careful with knuckle bones, especially those from a buffalo. Though they are available to buy for entertainment purposes, they are harder than your hounds teeth and over time, can cause fractures.

Most likely it was smoked which caused the upset tummy.

Sandra in FL

Guest SuperiorItaly

PLEASE be careful with knuckle bones, especially those from a buffalo. Though they are available to buy for entertainment purposes, they are harder than your hounds teeth and over time, can cause fractures.

Most likely it was smoked which caused the upset tummy.

Sandra in FL

Will do. I've already decided that I'm not going to give her any bones anymore.