Dremel

Guest buttonwillow

Guest TeddysMom

I would like to try a dremel to start doing Draco's nails. Would you mind telling me where/what kind to buy? Do you buy a "pet" dremel at pet store or can I buy a general dremel from any other kind of store??

Thanx,

Bonnie

I bought mine at Walmart. They had 3 different ones, I bought the middle priced one. I take the tips off with the clippers then dremel down and smooth off with the grinder. So much easier.

I wait until Indigo is snoozing on her bed. She always wants to stand up and that is way too difficult. When Max hears the Dremel, he comes flying into the room and flops down next to me. He puts is paw on my leg like, "My turn!" He knows "cookies" come after Dremeling. :P

Guest BonnieW

I really appreciate your input and tips. You have mad it not so scary to try out the dremel. Draco is very food driven and your tips about running the dremel at first with treats is wonderful. Thanx so much..

Bonnie

Guest brandi007

This is awesome - Hannah's nails are so terrible - they're as thick at the base at the tip, are all black and they're way too long. I've been trying to get them back for 3 years now with almost no success despite many, many, MANY, visits to the groomers to get them done. I'll have to go look for dremmels and see what I can find.

Guest lasharp1209

Agree with clippers first then follow with dremmel... It took so long for us to dremmel the whole time that Blade would get frustrated. He has no problem with clipping - it's me that doesn't like it :) so I prefer to clip the ends off, them dremmel as I get closer to the quick. He's not a huge fan of the vibration. Whatever works for you and your pup!