Anyone Ever Heard Of Addiction Dog Food?

Guest taylorsmom

Guest taylorsmom

Hi everyone--

I took a trip to the specialty pet food store today, looking for the perfect food for my perfect doggies. The clerk showed me this line called "Addiction"--I kid you not! It has dry, canned, and dehydrated raw food, made in New Zealand with organic, free-range ingredients, etc etc. Pretty pricey, but I thought I would try the dehydrated raw as a topper for the Orijen kibble I also picked up.

Gave the puppers some for their dinner, mixed in with the Instinct rabbit we are transitioning from. As I sit here and type, I am surrounded by a miasma of greyhound gas, which I am sure that some of you are familiar with. Makes me want to go back to raw right NOW!! We never had gas on raw, maybe every now and then if I fed a little too much liver. I have to hold out, though. Now I need to figure out what is causing it. Probably too many different things mixed in. Or maybe I shouldn't mix raw and kibble in one meal?? I should have just done the plain Orijen first. Oh, the agony of figuring all this out!!

Has anyone ever tried any of the Addiction foods? Would love to hear how it went!

Addiction seems to be good food but is too complex in formula for our IBD dog. We didn't even try the dehydrated formulas because they had a lot of extra stuff that didn't seem good for a dog like ours.

You might look up BooMooandDoo, a GTer who has a pet store in Seattle called A Dog's Dream. She had a thread in Pet Merchandise currently (titled something about a new collar). I'm sure she'd be happy to discuss Addiction foods with you because she carries them. And in my experience, she'll tell you the straight stuff about any food.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest taylorsmom

Addiction seems to be good food but is too complex in formula for our IBD dog. We didn't even try the dehydrated formulas because they had a lot of extra stuff that didn't seem good for a dog like ours.

You might look up BooMooandDoo, a GTer who has a pet store in Seattle called A Dog's Dream. She had a thread in Pet Merchandise currently (titled something about a new collar). I'm sure she'd be happy to discuss Addiction foods with you because she carries them. And in my experience, she'll tell you the straight stuff about any food.

Thanks--greyt suggestion!! :)

Edited by taylorsmom

Guest happygrey

I haven't, but I did investigate them. They've got some interesting types of food available. What is a brushtail, anyway??

Did you decide to pass on trying the TOTW?

I'll be interested in hearing how your pups like this new food!

Edited by happygrey

Guest taylorsmom

I haven't, but I did investigate them. They've got some interesting types of food available. What is a brushtail, anyway??

Did you decide to pass on trying the TOTW?

I'll be interested in hearing how your pups like this new food!

A brushtail is a marsupial that is destroying grasslands or something like that, so using them for food is a benefit to the environment (!!) according to the story on the food label. It is also a very good source of novel red meat protein, also according to the label. So far, my dogs are loving the Addiction dehydrated raw (all except my picky Iggie)as a topper for Orijen Regional Red. And even my picky Iggie is mostly eating it, he just is still upset about changing from the "real" (raw) food, unfortunately. And I have to say that I am seeing wonderful poops as well! I am thrilled with the Orijen so far, but I may try the TOTW in the future as one of my rotation foods.

Guest zoolaine

Brushtail is a possum - pretty much the national enemy of New Zealand. It destroys millions, billions, gazillions????? acres of native brush every night in New Zealand so you are a hero if you kill one. when I was in New Zealand a few years ago we stopped at a Bushman's center where they sold possum pies :blink: No I didn't try them but thought this picture was pretty funny:

100_1497.jpg

I did get some of the dehydrated for Sunny he liked it but it was too expensive to feed all the time.