Subluxation Surgery

Guest brandi1530

Guest brandi1530

My Barney is going in for surgery on Monday for plates on his hock because he has subluxation from where his hock has been broken on the track. (I'm not good with medical details, so I hope I have this all right.) Has anyone ever done this surgery? Any idea how long it will take until he is up and running again? My husband has to carry him up the steps and he won't play, and I'm anxious to get him feeling better.

I have no idea, hon, but I'm so sorry Barney and you are going through this. Ask the vet what the expectation is. Probably varies with the dog, too. But I'm glad there's a fix and that you're having it done! smile.gif

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I had a foster that had a subluxated patella. She had the surgery, and it took several weeks before she was walking on it again. (She hopped just find though...) And months before she was without a limp. Now, over a year later, you'd never know.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest brandi1530

We took him in yesterday (Ohio State) for the surgery, but they heard some things with his heart. A cardiologist saw him yesterday, and the surgery is now on hold after the EKG results came back. We take him back tomorrow for more tests to find out what's going on with the heart, and then we can start dealing with the leg problem again. Thanks everyone for the information.