Have You Used Thera-Paw Hindlimb Dorsi-Flex Assisthindlimb Dorsi-Flex

Guest KathieStar

Guest KathieStar

I am interested to find out if any one has used Thera-Paw's Hindlimb Dorsi-Flex Assist. Our Max is suffering from Degenerative Myelopathy and is having problems walking because he is knuckling under. I have him in boots to keep his toes from getting abraded, but that's not a solution. The Thera-Paw webpage is http://www.therapaw.com/dorsi-flexassist-1.aspx A pair will cost about $170. Any other suggestions for getting him walking would be appreciated. I have gotten a rear assist harness.

Kathie with Max and Lea in the Berkshires

Actually... I've seen several recs to not use something like that for DM because it lessens their "feeling" even more. DM causes the nerves to degenerate and they lose the sensation of where their feet are, and I guess the thought is that adding something like a therapaw causes them to lose more of that needed sensation.

Here's one of the links: http://www.mzjf.com/hints.htm . I have no direct experience on using a therapaw for anything outside of corns.... good luck :)

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

I have no experience with that particular product, though the regular Thera-Paws have been very useful for my corn-foot dogs. This new thing could be a great benefit for certain walking issues. I'll also look forward to seeing if anyone here has used it. Thanks for posting it. :)

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.