Hi From Ct

Guest smudgebear

Guest crazy4greys
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome and good wishes! I'm happy to see so many other CT folks too! We're in Orange.

Welcome from Hebron, CT! :wave

We just placed a cat friendly grey on a trail basis with a family in Orange :)

If you are free Saturday, come to our gathering and get a grey fix! :P

Guest LovesDoggies

Hi Aimee,

Welcome from Woodbridge! Hope you get your greyhound soon! It will be nice to have another greyhound in the area! Feel free to PM me if you ever want to get together for a walk or pupdate after you adopt!

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome and good wishes! I'm happy to see so many other CT folks too! We're in Orange, so Tracey, yes, I'd definitely like to hear who your vet is! Our current vet is a feline only practice in Woodbridge so we'd have to find a different vet for the dog (ideally one that is experienced with greys). I'm definitely open to suggestions! :)

Thanks to a recommendation by Marcia Herman, another wonderful GT'er, our vet is Dr. Kristine Matz. Her current website is here: Animal Medical Care of CT

Right now Dr. Matz has a mobile veterinary service and operates Tuesdays and Thursdays out of Woodbridge Veterinary Hospital. Her own practice in Cheshire should be open by the end of this month or beginning of next month, though. We found Dr. Matz because she was the only one willing to administer chemo drugs we received from OSU to our Grey girl Cosmo who was diagnosed with osteo in May. Dr. Matz and her staff have gone so far above and beyond I can't put it into words. She calls on weekends, as she did this past Sunday, just to find out how Cosmo is doing. Plus, I don't know what group you're going through, but Eileen from REGAP takes all the new Greys they get in to Dr. Matz. I have yet to be there when we didn't see at least one other Grey during our visit. I was using another Grey-savvy vet in Milford, and he is a good guy, but very old school. I don't think Dr. Matz ever has any personal time since she has done so many consults with other vet's about Cosmo. And when she's not on the phone she's doing research. I wish my personal physician cared half as much as Dr. Matz does. In case you can't tell, we love her!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest smudgebear

Thanks, Tracey! She sounds like a great vet. I also love the fact she does house calls! I'm so sorry to hear about Cosmo's illness but it sounds like she's getting the best possible care. I love our current vet, but as I mentioned, their practice is cats only. I was there a few weeks ago and mentioned we might adopt a greyhound. The vet got all excited and told me that he used to provide services to a greyhound rescue and proceeded to give me a lot of interesting info and advice! How ironic that my feline-only vet is greyhound savvy...oh well. :rolleyes:

Guest smudgebear
Hi Aimee,

Welcome from Woodbridge! Hope you get your greyhound soon! It will be nice to have another greyhound in the area! Feel free to PM me if you ever want to get together for a walk or pupdate after you adopt!

Hi Neighbor! Thanks so much for the offer...I'd love to get to know some local greyhound owners. We actually recently moved from the Boston area (although I grew up in Milford) and since I work from home it makes it a little difficult to meet new people. :blush

Guest Javagirl

Welcome from Washington, DC! I lived and worked in Milford for a while myself, cute town.

There are at least 2 groups, GRR (Western CT) and WAG working in your area. I'm sure there are lots of M&Gs you could attend to get to know people.

Kristyn

Guest LovesDoggies
Hi Aimee,

Hi Neighbor! Thanks so much for the offer...I'd love to get to know some local greyhound owners. We actually recently moved from the Boston area (although I grew up in Milford) and since I work from home it makes it a little difficult to meet new people. :blush

Hey Neighbor,

It might be a while before you have capability to send a pm because you have to have a certain number of posts. Feel free to e-mail me at lpel@netzero.com. I know what you mean, about working from home, which by the way, I am jealous about that!! I wish I could too! But, it is also hard to meet people in our area, in general.

Guest LindsaySF

Howdy! :wave I'm in Prospect CT.

Fiona was recently adopted to a home in Orange (off Wheelers Farm Rd). Nice area down there!

I meet up with a few Grey owners on Tuesday and Thursday nights to walk our Greyhounds. We walk on the River Walk trail along the river in Derby. You're welcome to join us! You don't have enough posts to PM yet but you can email me (Lindsay@weadoptgreyhounds.org) if you're interested.

Good luck in your Grey search!

~Lindsay~

Guest smudgebear

Just wanted to post a quick update that we met our new fawn boy Shadow last night and brought him home! He's a doll. I promise to post pics soon! Kitties are keeping their distance for the moment, but overall intros are going well.

I meet up with a few Grey owners on Tuesday and Thursday nights to walk our Greyhounds. We walk on the River Walk trail along the river in Derby. You're welcome to join us! You don't have enough posts to PM yet but you can email me (Lindsay@weadoptgreyhounds.org) if you're interested.

Good luck in your Grey search!

~Lindsay~

Thanks, Lindsay! That is not far from me at all so I may take you up on that sometime. It would be great for Shadow to spend some time with other greys instead of 2 cranky cats. :lol