Bringing Home Ollie's Ashes

Guest deanna

Guest Tuxsmom

I don't know what to do with Penny's either :cry1

I have them on a shelf with her picture. I can't scatter them because I can't let her go. I pick them up and carry them around the house sometimes.

I think I'm going to get a build-a-bear and stuff the bag inside surrounded by stuffing so I can cuddle her again. That will be a heavy build-a-bear. Our bed was her favorite place to be, so maybe that will work.

and sometimes, I turn off the lights in the bedroom and sit down next to my new greyhound, Sneaky Pie, and "feel" Penny by running my hands over Sneaky's ears, feet, etc. It hurts so bad.

I held on to Scarlett until the day before what would have been her birthday (AIDS Walk Sunday here in NYC). That morning my best friend, her husband and I took her ashes to her favorite spot in Central Park and I spread her ashes out. For Morgaine, since she had truly relaxed into knowing that she was home, I kept her until her birthday and then I went up to my roof deck and sprinkled her ashes into one of the plantings there. That particular hydrangea was exceptionally lovely last year.