Gunky Eye

Guest Becky__R

Guest Becky__R

Sophie woke up with one eyeball looking odd. It looks weak, is tearing and gunked up in the corner. Do you have any experience with eye problems? The other eye appears to be fine. :(

Guest Energy11

Yes, almost like when we get "pink eye," aka, Conjunctivitis. There is a drop the vet prescribes, called NPD drops, that usually takes care of it, but it is not available over the counter, and it is a prescription. Easily cleared up, but yes, unfortunately, you need to get it through a vet. Good luck. Staggerlee had that once. D

Guest Energy11
Also the vet needs to check that it's not a corneal abrasion or anything else . . . it's not just going to get a prescription! (Beth had this last winter.)

True, true on checking for a Corneal Abrasion. I was just going by my experience, with Staggerlee. Most times, vets do check routinely for the corneal abrasions, of course, before prescribing. Sorry I was unclear, and thanks for pointing this out to the original poster. D ... Hopefully, it will not be anything serious, though :-)