Do You Have Kind Words For Dr. Couto's Team?

I put all your replies into one document and sent it in email to Cristina Iazbik who works for Dr. C. I also printed out a hardcopy for their bulletin board. Just got this reply from Dr. C.

Hi Jane:

I just got back from working at Scooby and Cristina forwarded me your mail. I couldn't finish reading it without tears in my eyes (yes, I AM a wimp…). Thanks so much for your kind words and for supporting our program!

Guillermo

I did respond to him:

Just wanted to make sure that you knew that these weren’t my kind words – they were written by different people on GreyTalk. I did nothing more than put them all in one document. I had noticed how many of the messages on GreyTalk mentioned you and your program in glowing terms. Figuring that you did not have the time to read GreyTalk, I decided to copy them into one message. I just thought you and your staff should know how much you mean to the greyhound community.

Guest Energy11

Dr Couto! THERE ARE REALLY NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HIM OR HIS TEAM!!

AWESOME, CARING, WONDERFUL, PROFESSIONAL, KNOWLEDGABLE, COMPASSIONATE... Well, there ARE a few :-))

Since we met at Sandy Paws in 08, I have been in touch with him AND his team, for various issues, ranging from what type of sedation to use to cut Goldie's nails, to Osteo advice for Max, and now, advice for my Curfew for his brain tumor.

This man, AND his team, have answered DAILY emails this week, and I feel VERY good, knowing he and his team are ALWAYS THERE for me and mine!

WE ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE THEM!

Dee (the retired paramedic), and our Five Greyhounds!

Guest jenznaz

When my Naz had was diagnosed with grade II mast cell tumor last August, my group suggested I contact Dr. Couto. I was absolutely amazed at how quickly he responded to my email. His advice was a ray of light in my dark world. I had the pleasure of meeting him recently at a fundraiser, and he even remembered us!

A heartfelt THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the incredible work Dr. Couto and his team are doing not only for our beloved retired racers in the U.S. but for the galgos of Spain...

Jennifer Fisher

Guest KRKWMU

Well, I don't know where to start describing how wonderful Dr. Couto and his whole team have been to us.

We did a fundraiser for the OSU program in February of 2007. At that time, it was nice to meet him, but our two hounds were happy and healthy. We were seriously thinking about adopting a third grey, Bonnie Twist. She just happens to be in this picture with me (bottom right), Dr. Couto, and the other fundraiser volunteers.

2007-02-24ROCFundraiser.jpg

We waved goodbye to Dr. Couto and we joked saying "Hope we don't have to talk to you again until next year!". ;) Bonnie came home with us shortly after that fundraiser. A year later, we were emailing Dr. Couto in a panic because Bonnie had been diagnosed with lymphoma. :( You would have thought that he was waiting for us to email and call. It was amazing how quickly he would get back to us and offer his recommendations. Our vets and Dr. Couto were a team and Bonnie got the most amazing care because of that. We all worked together for a year, through good times and bad. Countless packages of chemotherapy medications were sent to our vet's office, and nothing was expected in return. The OSU team makes you feel like your hound is their own and the most important grey in the world. That's something special when you are worried sick and trying to deal with the diagnosis yourself. Dr. Couto would even remember which week we were in during the chemo protocols and our vet's names out of the blue. I really don't think he had a chart in front of him, ever. And to think that he does that everyday with hounds across the globe. He is just an amazing veterinarian and a very special man.

We will get to see Dr. Couto again this year at Mountain Hounds. We can't wait to thank him again in person. We are forever grateful for his help, Dr Marin's, and the whole OSU Health & Wellness program team. Thank you, Dr. Couto!

Edited by KRKWMU

Thank you Dr. Couto and team. When Cofax was so sick and we still didn't know our vet because we just moved to the area, without ever knowing us, without ever seeing us, without ever even talking to us on the phone, you kept in touch with the vets and us here to lend advice without any hesistation. With your advice, our vets kept Cofax alive. The world definitely needs more of you and your team. Saying Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Guest ChancesMom

Thankfully I have no personal experience with Dr. Couto but I have heard so many wonderful things, not only about all that he does and has done but, about what a wonderful person he is. It is a true blessing that our babies have a doctor out there that is so caring and concerned about their welfare.