Cairo Is Sick...

Guest makenna25

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:redx The first pic in Post #49 is the only one I've been able to see... :dunno

I laughed to hear about Cairo's "wagginess"--I remember that helicopter tail at the kennel!!! Too funny.

Keeping a good thought--hugs and scritchies to you all!

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Guest makenna25

some more pics...

Sorry... whenever I post pictures, they are there for awhile then they disappear. Grrr!!! I'll try again, but if anyone has any tips! Take it form me he is very sweet! :) I hvae thr pics on Picassa and posted the url... who knows.maybe it's because there is more than one.

Cairo is doing ok. He was such a bad eater last yesterday, but we finally got him to eat a little.

The vet called and it sounds like they have ruled some things out by the blood tests, but still aren't sure. We might be heading to a different clinic to get an ultrasound and maybe some other tests. I talked with him about the tick born diseases, he said he would run it again and look into testing for the other one he can't test for. So, I should know more later today.

Thanks again for all your prayers!

Here, I'll try one picture...

DSCN4374.JPG

Guest SoulsMom

Do you have a photobucket account? Load them to there and then copy the image link and paste here.

Hope you get some answers soon!

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest greytloves

Cairo looks a lot like my boy. Same little back bones poking out. No matter what weight he puts on, those back bones always protude. He sounds like he is loved dearly and I'm sure that you will get him feeling better soon.

Keep us updated and there is a wealth of knowledge and experience out here, so keep posting!

Guest gr8greys

My sincere get-well wishes for Cairo.

Have you tried some plain yogurt or cottage cheese mixed in with his food?

Sending some prayers your way...

Irene

Guest makenna25

Well, the test came back with no real answers. My vet has looked at the tick stuff and there is one test that he would have to send away. AT this time we are going to take Cairo to a different clinic, recommended by our vet, to get an ultrasound and perhaps a bone marrow sample so they can see why it isn't doing its job. So, no answers, more tests. I just hope we can find out if the chance for hemorrhage is still there... anyways, i will keep you psted.

Thanks again so much! This has been a great outlet for me!!

Oh and I will try and do more pictures from a different site later, I am way behind in work since I have been home, so I better get cracking! There are 3 pictures on greyhound data. His name was Comedy Center. (http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=Comedy+Center&sex=m&color=&birthyear=&birthland=)