Protein Losing Enteropathy

Guest KeesMom

Guest KeesMom

Yes, initially he indicated that the loose (and I use that term VERY loosely) stools could be due to a food intolerance or allergy. While we were waiting for the "poop test" (don't recall the specific name as I have been inundated with terms lately) to come back, Doc put Kees on IVD Royal Canin Duck and mentioned the novel protein concept. Unfortunately, that or something else, not sure, caused Kees to vomit several times so we switched to the IAMs intestinal formula. Doc thought maybe the duck was too rich.

Since then, the poop test has come back and based on the numbers (of protein in stools) confirmed the PLE diagnosis. Now, the direction is low fat diet to aid in intestinal absorption.

We'll take Kees in for a weight check tomorrow morning.... :goodluck

Actually got a sorta, kinda roach from Kees tonight :) He was leaning up against the couch so it definitely was an assisted roach, BUT he was doing that thing where they lay (lie? I never could get that one straight) on their back and get all kinds of goofy; wriggling and wagging like crazy! This is the most encouraging thing I've seen in 2 months. :yay

• 2 years later...