Giselle Is Limping

Guest Giselle

I have one that has been limping since March. She has been examined 4 times and xrayed from head to toes - literally - and n-o-t-h-i-n-g! No corns, no warts, no cuts, no bruises, no flinching even when the Vet tried to twist her leg off at the hip socket! (Just kidding, but I couldn't watch that part of the exam!) Suze is sssooo stoic! Very difficult to get any idea of the origin of the pain. Put a TheraPaw boot on her and the limp disappears! That would indicate her foot as the source of the pain, right? Wish it was that easy!

I, too, am open to ANY and ALL ideas!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Giselle

Well, I suppose those are positive answers :lol

I haven't a clue how long soft tissue injuries are supposed to last (especially since we don't even know what specifically is injured), but I'm glad to hear that several weeks is a normal longevity. It has gotten chillier here, but it's nothing significant. It's really REALLY dry, if that gives any clues.

Guest LindsaySF

Soft tissue injuries can last a while, it all depends on the exact injury. Have you been limiting her activity? Don't let her do too much, it will take longer to heal. Especially if she is on pain meds, she might be a little more active than she should be while it's healing.

Glad to hear the x-ray was ok. :)