Hi From Washington

Guest tbeemer

Guest Machbragal

Hi Tom! I hail from Tacoma, so I'm just a short way north from you. My husband works at Ft. Lewis, so I get down to your neighborhood regularly. I DON'T have a greyhound . . . . yet! Can't wait for the day.

I hope your experience with your new family member is wonderful! Keep us posted!

Guest Vinnie
Hi Tom! I hail from Tacoma, so I'm just a short way north from you. My husband works at Ft. Lewis, so I get down to your neighborhood regularly. I DON'T have a greyhound . . . . yet! Can't wait for the day.

I hope your experience with your new family member is wonderful! Keep us posted!

Though she is a Godmother to two here in Oregon :lol

Guest tbeemer
Welcome!

My folks live in Steilacoom! (You might be the only other person on this board who knows where that is! :lol)

Ok, so when you get your hound and you're both all settled in and everybody's feeling calm and secure,

(so, not the first day or week or maybe even month) be sure sure sure to go

to the dog park at Waughop lake (I think they call it Fort Steilacoom Park maybe).

It is FABULOUS!

Plus also on Sunday mornings at 9 am they have a greyhound playgroup in the smaller section of the park,

so you can meet other greyhound folks and get your dog all tired out at the same time!

Good luck!

Buzzy

and the lovely and talented Sweetpea

Thanks, and yes we do know Steilacoom well! :colgate We had seen a listing on one of the area adoption group sites about the playgroup at that park and are looking forward to mingling with the greys and their folks there. We've actually only been in DuPont for about 7 months now, so we're still trying to re-establish our "comfort" zone of places to go (until we moved we'd been Olympia residents for a loooong time).

I really appreciate all the friendly welcomes from everyone. We now have our home visit scheduled for Saturday afternoon, so the excitement (and stress) level is getting notched up a bit day by day. I've been reading through the forums for info on other peoples home visits and I think I have a decent understanding and expectation. Of course once they get here, I'm sure I'll get nervous and forget a lot of my questions. :blink: This is the final step really, so after all these years of anticipation it's getting pretty overwhelming. :eek We have a big two week trip to California in mid-July and (if everything works out well) should be adopting immediately after we get back.

Tom

P.S. For all you Oregonians, I may live in Washington but I'm an Oregon boy (raised in Corvallis). They'll never truly make me a Washingtonian! :lol Go Beavs! :lol

Guest VanillaBean

Hi! From a former Spokane-ite! Good luck with your home visit. They aren't really as bad as you think! And write down your questions so you don't forget them! LOL

Guest Machbragal

Though she is a Godmother to two here in Oregon :lol

WOO HOO! I'm a Godmother to Gracie and Gus!

Guest jananice

Hi Tom!! I have a friend in Dupont with some greyhounds!! Yours won't be the only ones. :)

I live in Snoqualmie (AND I know where Steilacoom is!! LOL). I do a monthly meet & greet in Issaquah as well.

Hope to see more of you on GT!!