Boomer

Guest KyGrey

Guest KyGrey

Boomer hasn't been himself since early yesterday. Last night before we went to bed he threw up what was mostly undigested kibble. During the night he threw up a couple more times. Once was just like a thick liquidy type stuff. He refused his breakfast this morning and was not going to eat his dinner tonight. I then put some cooked rice, peanut butter and finally some KFC chicken in his bowl. He ate the chicken but there wasn't much of that. He did take a few licks in the bowl. He didn't even really take bites. He doesn't even feel like playing with Bandit right now. Please keep him in your thoughts.

He hasn't had anything out of the ordinary. I'm worried about him though. I'll give him one more day and then take him to the vet. The whites of his eyes are still white and his nose is cool and wet. His stomach is not tender. What else should I be looking for?

Guest Winterwish

Has he been going to the bathroom regularly?

I hope Boomer feels better soon Patti. Sending thoughts of wellness out to Boomer! :dogcookie:getwell

Guest KyGrey

I just took them out to potty. He peed!! I always give a treat when they come back in from potty. He ate his very slowly but he did eat it.

Guest KyGrey

Boomer is a little more active today. He played with Bandit on my bed for a few minutes. He also took some kibble from my hand. I left his food dry today. He ate it. I am still watching him closely. He has peed but hasn't pooped today. He doesn't always poop right away in the mornings. I will keep you updated.

Guest Snowy8

What color are his gums, good & pink or pale/whitish? It could be the heat...is it hot where you are, even if he hasn't been outside a lot, it could be its just making him feel bad. I hope he's okay.

Guest Greensleeves

It may just be an upset tummy. We keep Pepcid on hand for days when our gang seems gurgly and unwilling to eat (or if they've been vomiting). If vomiting *persists,* or they seem REALLY ill, then of course we go to the vet.

Guest KyGrey

He will be 5 in July.

He may have been pooping all along. He is a poop eater and he has a way of getting to it before I can get it picked up. I use potty pads in the house along with taking them outside. I will have to watch him even closer to see if he is pooping. I am at work right now but am trying to watch closely when I'm home.

Guest Mommydog

It sounds like a tummy upset, it could be due to the heat. My two threw up several times last week and were off colour for a day or so when it suddenly became very warm here. I hope Boomer feels better very soon.

Guest KyGrey

I haven't had a chance to update. Thank you for all the well wishes. Boomer seems to be back to his old self again. He's eating well, drinking, peeing, pooping and playing with Bandit. I always worry about any of them when I know they aren't feeling well.