Adopted A Senior Lady

Guest UnderDog

Guest UnderDog

I love seniors and was really missing having an old hound around, especially all the quirks and special needs that come with the oldies. When I saw the mention by the foster director of my group of a 14 (and 8 months) y.o. being returned on our board I called/emailed immediately. I'll take her!!!! She was returned on May 21 st and went straight into the hospital for tests, etc. She had not been very well taken care of and had a endless list of physical/medical problems. I didn't care, when she was released I picked her up on the 24th. Within a few days I had rearrranged my schedule, my house and my life for her and was so happy to do so. I won't go into all the medical stuff but she was going to have a long road ahead of her. I told my group that I knew she didn't have long and that I'd be happy with 5 months and that hopefully within 5 weeks or so she'd be in as good as shape as possible for her age, etc. I pampered, spoiled and cherished her every minute of every day. Then suddenly without warning she was gone, most likely from a heart attack on June 7th. The hurt is NO less than it was when I've lost "kids" in the past that were with me for years. I know she knew I adored and loved her!!!!

Rest and Run Free in Pain Free Peace My Dearly Beloved Old Lady Ginger. I miss you so much.

Guest KennelMom

:cry1 I am so sorry :cry1 We adopted our Star when she was 14, and like your girl, had not been well taken care of. We had 10 precious weeks with our wonderful Star-baby and when she left us, it hurt no less than if we'd had her for 10 years.

Thank you for letting Ginger know love and good care for the last days of her life :bighug

Guest PhillyPups

Bless you for giving her joy when she needed you most, and she is now running at the bridge pain free, knowing she was loved unconditionally.

:grouphug What a wonderful gift you gave her. It may seem short to you, but it was a lifetime of pleasure for her. Thank you. :f_pink

Run free sweet Ginger girl. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I completely understand how much this hurts. Such a shock when you were all ready to get her fit and give her a few months quality time, but remember, if you fell in love with her so quickly, she probably did the same with you. She had only two weeks, but I bet she was in heaven. Bless you both.

:bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover
  I pampered, spoiled and cherished her every minute of every day. 
1494612[/snapback]

And because of that, she was able to cross the Bridge with the biggest smile on her face! Run free, sweet Ginger :angelwings

Run free and young sweet Ginger...you were so loved and will be sadly missed. :( Bless your heart...Ginger knew how much she was loved and traveled safely to the Bridge on your heart strings...always connected until you meet again. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest TilliesMom
You were her Angel........Now she is yours.......god bless you.

Fly free sweet girl

1494703[/snapback]

I couldn't say it any better way.

Prayers going out to you as you mend your broken heart.

What a wonderful and unselfish gift you gave her. She had the gift of unconditional love for the final two weeks of her life. She went to bridge happy and knowing she was loved. You had a very special mom sweet Ginger. Hugs to you for being so wonderful to this little girl. Godspeed Ginger. :grouphug:f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Billy_thundersmom

Bless you for giving Ginger the chance to know your wonderful love and to pass to the bridge a content, well loved hound! You are a true greyhound Angel!

I am sorry your time was short but when you see her again, it will have been worth it.

Guest seniorgreymom

You gave her your heart and your time. All hounds should be so lucky to find a mom like you. I am sorry you didn't have more time together but it was enough for sweet Ginger to know how much you love her.

Run free sweet Ginger, laugh and play until the day you and your mom are together again. :f_pink

Awww... I've been following Ginger's story on the SEGA lists...

Bless you for caring for her and giving her much love in her last days!!!

:grouphug

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck