Farwell Beloved Manly

Guest julief

Guest julief

My greyhound Manly was laid to rest this after noon after a painfull 8 week battle with ostersarcoma.

He was laid to rest this morning on his own bed, in my arms, in my home, it was very peacefull, the sedation alone was enough to take him across the bridge. His breathing slowed down, with a smile and peacefull look on his face he stretched his body, and then he was gone. My brother and i wrapped his body in a blanket that i was using to keep him warm and took him to Boston Hills Pet Cemetary where they let my brother and I say our final goodbyes in the Chapel. We're going to have him cremated.

It's just been soo rough, in only 2 months he went from happy and playing to needing final relief. Initially he broke his leg by merely slipping on the floor, but the bone biopsy showed nothing (most bone biopsies have a 30% margin of error), the vet and i just assumed it was a freak accident. His leg never got better, it got progressivly worse everyday. The xray last tuesday showed what once was his femur to be nothing but bone tumors. By then the cancer had spread to his lymphnodes, stomach, and lungs. two nights ago he couldn't even stand, last night he couldn't even sit up.

Manly was my heartdog. I loved him so much. For the past two months I carried him out side to help him go potty. I carried him everywhere, he loved to be carried. I am greatful now that he is no longer in pain.

Here's a tribute to Manly, a list of major accomplishments that he achieved:

U S Manly Man, F.Ch.

June 1, 1993 - May 6, 2005

Lone Lobo X Mad Maddie, bread and formerly owned by John H Taylor

Grade AA racer at Bluffs Run

Adopted by me at the age of 4 from Dairyland Greyhound Park July 31, 1997

Manly lived for lure coursing, beating 3 of the countries top 20 greyhounds on his first field trail for best of breed, september 21, 1997.

BOB allegheny derby, OCT 1997

Best In Field Tri state sighthound club December 1997

BOB Can-AM Challenge in NY 1998

BOB Region 6 invitational 1998 (again beating manyl top grehounds in the country)

Field Champion sept 26, 1997 in michigan

Manly was also in the grehound callender, for the month of march (i think 1999)

and he also marched in the racine 4th of july parade

in racine, WI.

Farwell Manly, My Heart Hound, I love you

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry for your loss. OS is such a horrible thing. Run free dear Manly, with all of our other hounds waiting at the Bridge.

Hugs to you,

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:f_red:f_red

Guest DogGone

Manly is at the Bridge now - he knows how much you love him and someday he will greet you. For now, run free of pain sweetheart. :gh_run

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed Manly. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Winterwish

I'm sorry you are going thru' this.Your dear Manly will be beside you forever.

f_yellow Run free at the bridge Manly. :angelwings

Guest Billy_thundersmom

I am so sorry for your loss. Manly is free of pain now, waiting for you at the bridge... :gh_run:f_pink:f_pink

I am so sorry for your loss. :( Manly is held in the arms of Angels now. Run free and young sweet boy... :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing Manly is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. We all share your sorrow.

Manly is an angel now.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Valliejo2001

I am so very sorry for the loss of your heart dog Manley. He sounds like he was a wonderful boy. :f_redf_yellow:bighug

Darlene

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I recently read your post in Circle of Grey, now here. Manly was indeed special, now he's a special angel.

I just went through the same thing and lost my girl Wednesday. They are at peace now, free from the awful pain of that horrible disease.

Keeping you in my prayers.

My heart is breaking for you. :brokenheart I know your pain all too well... :( Manly is whole again, and will be with you always in spirit. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet boy... :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

A lovely and loving tribute to your Manly. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Godspeed Manly! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)