Grieving

Guest Missing_Holiday

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy on your loss. I know how hard it is to make that decison but I believe that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" we will all meet n greet one more time. Love is the greatest gift you can give and teach a child and your son has learned a great lesson.God Bless both of you.May all of your memories comfort you and I hope to see pictures of that shadow box one day when it is completed.When Howie passed on I had just found greytalk also.I was comforted in all the kind words and made copies of everything for Howie's little album.Just remember, we are always here for you day and night.Run free Miss Holiday. :gh_run:gh_run:f_pink

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am SO very, very sorry for your loss. Having 3 mastiffs that may be near the end of their life, I just cringe thinking about the decision you had to make. I really respect you for doing the kind thing for your girl.

Some people seem to get a little comfort by posting a tribute to their lost friend on sites. I know that I will sometimes go to the epilepsy boards, and they have tributes that just about kill me everytime, yet I go back now and again to offer words of sympathy.

When my sister's cat passed (he was her one and only "kid") I bought the Rainbow Bridge poem off of eBay, had it personalized and framed it. She gets a lot of comfort still 3 years later looking at that poem.

I have always felt that children learn the very most important lessons in life from their animals: they learn about love, caring, sympathy, empathy and dedication. Your son may not feel it right now, but he is a better kid having loved Miss Holiday.

Try to keep your head up, and take all the time you need to grieve. When you're having a down day, come and post again.

God Speed, Miss Holiday. Wait patiently for your Mommy and Brother until you meet again.:gh_run2

You can go here:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/hello.htm if you wish to do a tribute. It is a wonderful site.

Edited to add: About 2 years ago I was stumbling around through the mastiffs. I looked at this OEM named Jake and about passed out. He was a MIRROR Image of my girl Taboo...then I looked and noticed the same birthdate. I contacted his Mom, and sure enough, he is Taboo's brother.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Jake056/resident.HTM

She takes comfort in hearing stories about Taboo. They apparently not only looked alike, but had the same goofy antics.

Edited by lovemydogs

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free Miss Holiday :f_red:grouphug

I know what you mean about forgetting that they have gone, I would wake up each morning after I lost Scully in February and for a moment I would forget that he had gone, and then remember :(

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest KaseysMom

I am so very sorry. You made the loving decision many of us have had to make. It hurts so much because we love so much.

My sympathies to you and your son. Miss Holiday will always be with you. :grouphug

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

I'm so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful Holiday. I'd love to give you a magic cure for grief but there is none. Just know that you will see her again some day and that you gave her the best life possible. You obviously loved her very much to let her go. It's the hardest decision any of us has to make. Hugs to you and your son, it will get better. Godspeed Holiday, you were loved very much. :grouphug:f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest fastdogs

I am very sorry for your loss. It is very hard to say good bye to them. Just know that the pain will subside, but the memories are forever.

:f_white

Run free sweet Miss Holiday.

P.S. You have come to the right place. There probably aren't many people on this board who have not experienced what you going through.

Guest Valliejo2001

I am so sorry about the loss of your little girl. My deepest condolences to your family. We lost our first grey four months ago so I know what you are going through. She was 10 years old and had kidney failure. Try to remember the good times. I have not got to that place just yet. :grouphug

Darlene

I'm so sorry for the loss of sweet Holiday. :f_pink

Godspeed little one. :angelwings

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest DaffyToons

I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Holiday. :sad1 Thank you for her story, a fine tribute to a beautiful grey.

Maybe, with time, you will be able to open up your heart once again to provide a wonderful home to another grey in need of you. I know it helped me when I lost my first grey, Lexi.

My prayers will be with you during this difficult time.

Godspeed, sweet Holiday . . . .

Edited by DaffyToons

You gave Holiday a wonderful, loving home for the last years of her life. You then made the decision that requires the greatest love - she is healthy and happy over the Bridge and will one day be with you and your son again! :f_red:gh_lay

"God gave us memories, that we might have roses in December."

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

Guest Echobelly

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through, having recently lost my heart dog. It was a week before I could mention it without crying. It was the hardest death I've had to deal with (I'm 50, so there have been quite a few). I just purchased a piece of jewelry to hold some of Lily's ashes, so I'll always have her with me. Do a search for "cremains", there are a number of sites carrying mementos to hold ashes. In time, the pain seems to disappear, and you're left with the fond memories. :f_white