Wells, My Angel

iluvgreys

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy in the loss of your beloved friend Wells.Just believe that 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' we will all meet n greet one more time. Godspeed! :f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_run:gh_run I hurt for you for after I read your tribute I had tears thinking of my precious Howie. I hope Wells will send you a sign soon.

I am so deeply touched by the tremendous support and compassion I have received, as well as the loving light that has guided Wells to a higher place. I feel honored to be part of the Greytalk community. Thank you so very much! :grouphug I will ask my Angel baby for a sign... :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh, Jeanne, I'm so sorry. What a beautiful remembrance you wrote for sweet Wells - I know you miss your boy so much, I am so sad for you. Godspeed, Wells.

Shannon

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

May ’95 to March 31, 2005

With great sorrow and heartache of his momma and so many whose hearts he touched, Wells was lovingly released to the Bridge yesterday.  :brokenheart  The dreaded OS claimed yet another one of our fine friends.  :weep :weep  Wells, AKA Angel, sweet baby, baby boy, baby cakes, snuggle bunny… you get my drift… was and is my heart dog.  :beatheart  I was honored to share my heart and home with him for 8 years.  He contributed greatly to greyhound adoption in his charming gentle ways with strangers, while at my office almost daily, at numerous meet and greets, on placement home visits with new adopters, and in any social setting he found himself.  He loved road trips and was a terrific traveler, joining me on two trips to Kanab, Montana, and many Oregon travels.  He loved to go on local errands, and essentially was glued to my side whenever possible.  It was impossible to sneak out of a room without him lifting an eyelid or cocking an ear, aware of my presence at all time.  :blush  He patiently tolerated numerous fosters, teaching them the finer points of roaching, and demonstrating how they might someday be able to own their own couch, and snuggle in bed with their future moms.  He will be sorely missed by Scooter, the Siamese who loved on Angel whenever he had the chance.  Angel had the softest ears that were quite magical, almost as if he had extra muscles in which he could arrange them about his head, depending upon his mood.  As I learned to read his “ear language” I could tell what was up with him.  He loved to be touched, and would close his eyes at the first stroke, as if to fully absorb the loveliness of being touched.  We spent many an hour napping together, and snuggled up on the coach.  :inlove  He had the most contented sigh ever as he settled in for a nap… that nickering sound that a horse makes, blowing air through his puffed cheeks.  :wub:  Angel loved his stuffies, and especially Big Bunny.  When he was excited, he’d grab one of his babies, shake it and nit it madly.  He knew just how to use a stuffie as a pillow, and would diligently guard the best ones under his chin.  Although he was short-changed in the fur department, his skin was incredibly soft, and he had a rather large wardrobe for every season, which he wore proudly, including his yellow jammies with blue dinosaurs.  I loved the way he pranced as he walked with such a proud stance.  He was quite regal and proper, when he wasn’t being a full-blown goof.  :rolleyes:  I know he was met at the Bridge by his grey pals Sandee and Shari, and that one day I’ll be reunited with him.  For now, I carry his loving spirit with me always in my heart.  Godspeed, my most precious baby boy…

:beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart  :heart  :beatheart 

824Wells_my_angel.jpg

1362069[/snapback]

What a tribute to a fantiatic grey. We are all so blessed to have had them in our lives.Our "VALERIE " crossed the bridge 02/17/05. We feel yor loss.

Valerie and Wells.run free.free of your pain till we met again