Wells, My Angel

iluvgreys

May ’95 to March 31, 2005

With great sorrow and heartache of his momma and so many whose hearts he touched, Wells was lovingly released to the Bridge yesterday. :brokenheart The dreaded OS claimed yet another one of our fine friends. :weep :weep Wells, AKA Angel, sweet baby, baby boy, baby cakes, snuggle bunny… you get my drift… was and is my heart dog. :beatheart I was honored to share my heart and home with him for 8 years. He contributed greatly to greyhound adoption in his charming gentle ways with strangers, while at my office almost daily, at numerous meet and greets, on placement home visits with new adopters, and in any social setting he found himself. He loved road trips and was a terrific traveler, joining me on two trips to Kanab, Montana, and many Oregon travels. He loved to go on local errands, and essentially was glued to my side whenever possible. It was impossible to sneak out of a room without him lifting an eyelid or cocking an ear, aware of my presence at all time. :blush He patiently tolerated numerous fosters, teaching them the finer points of roaching, and demonstrating how they might someday be able to own their own couch, and snuggle in bed with their future moms. He will be sorely missed by Scooter, the Siamese who loved on Angel whenever he had the chance. Angel had the softest ears that were quite magical, almost as if he had extra muscles in which he could arrange them about his head, depending upon his mood. As I learned to read his “ear language” I could tell what was up with him. He loved to be touched, and would close his eyes at the first stroke, as if to fully absorb the loveliness of being touched. We spent many an hour napping together, and snuggled up on the coach. :inlove He had the most contented sigh ever as he settled in for a nap… that nickering sound that a horse makes, blowing air through his puffed cheeks. :wub: Angel loved his stuffies, and especially Big Bunny. When he was excited, he’d grab one of his babies, shake it and nit it madly. He knew just how to use a stuffie as a pillow, and would diligently guard the best ones under his chin. Although he was short-changed in the fur department, his skin was incredibly soft, and he had a rather large wardrobe for every season, which he wore proudly, including his yellow jammies with blue dinosaurs. I loved the way he pranced as he walked with such a proud stance. He was quite regal and proper, when he wasn’t being a full-blown goof. :rolleyes: I know he was met at the Bridge by his grey pals Sandee and Shari, and that one day I’ll be reunited with him. For now, I carry his loving spirit with me always in my heart. Godspeed, my most precious baby boy…

:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart:heart:beatheart

824Wells_my_angel.jpg

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greygirl25

Oh Jeannie,

We are so sorry to hear about Wells. We felt privileged to meet him. Please take care of yourself and know that we are thinking about you.

Karen and Terri

Edited by greygirl25

:( What a touching tribute to your sweet boy. I'm so very very sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow Godspeed, Wells. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest BleusysMom

Wells, You Gorgeous Lover Boy......Have Fun at the Bridge, with your Friends....and watch over Your Earth Bound Family......

Wells....You were an Angel on Earth, and now you can spread your Angel Wings and FLY!!!!! :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings Have Fun!!!

Love...it knows NO Boundaries :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

I'm so sorry. How painful it is to let them go, even when you know you must - that it is the right, and the only thing to do.

I'm sending a ton of sympathy and hugs. Having lost my heart dog less than two weeks ago, I know how it feels. :cry1

So many beautiful greys will be there at the bridge to meet Angel Wells, including my beloved Jim, and sweet Susan. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. I have been following his story and praying too. It's so hard to let them go, but now he is without pain and he is an angel.

Wells, you are always loved.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that Wells is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. We all share your sorrow.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry. :grouphug Run with the wind Angel Wells. I know that you will watch over your family until you meet again. The heavens shine brightly with another beautiful star...We love you always Angel Boy. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest VaGreymom

A lovely tribute to your sweet angel Wells. What a difficult heart wrenching thing when we loose them. Run Free Wells.

:f_red

Godspeed, handsome angel.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.